Update v1.602+ Patch Notes – Updated 15/9/2015

We’ve moved over to the paradox forums. Please come visit us there to discuss:
You can still read the collective wisdom - and lolz - of the community here, but posting is no longer possible.

Home Forums Update v1.5 – Open Beta Update v1.602+ Patch Notes – Updated 15/9/2015

Tagged: , ,

This topic contains 169 replies, has 44 voices, and was last updated by  Tombles 5 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 30 posts - 121 through 150 (of 170 total)
  • Author

ExNihil

hell, i can see just from when we fought that you spent most of the battle hanging back with your priests trying to fish for stun procs on my non-iron-heart’d units, so i don’t think that this idea that damage is particularly important when you could have a higher chance for stun instead is really even something that actually exists.

You mean I didn’t charge your knights with my priests? Get a grip man. Also, next time we fight, take a look at the damage my units can actually make to your units, I am optimizing my damage output as much as possible usually.

none of those things involve inflict stun, which you are specifically wanting to proc. you even suggested making star blades only give +1 shock damage, so you can get the inflict stun proc off even without dealing damage.

OFC, I was correcting your mistake on the range of supports. And yes, given that these form the entire backbone of your produced army, their damage output is very relevant. Their role is not simply to try and inflict stuns, it is as assualt troops, but this completely hinges on their chance to inflict stun, since they are rather weak units otherwise without very good damage unless quite close.

yeah, but on a stunned opponent they deal +6 damage per hit, and their many damage channels ensure that they can always get their stun chances in.

The stun chance itself can be reduced dramatically, as I told you many times. There is simply a difference here between countering stun, which is one thing, and countering certain support units – which is a wholly different thing and has nothing to do inherently with sorcerer, but rather with other game elements (and history), and which Sorcerer needs to have a way to workaround.

it’s not a solution to racial supports because making your entire army out of a single unit and then being surprised when your enemy shows up with an immunity to that one unit’s single damage element is kind of silly, as is complaining about how unfair it is that your overreliance on a single element led to you being fairly impotent in the face of an immunity to the element. had you, say, had a proper mixed army composition that didn’t rely on a single element, you might’ve found that you did, in fact, have an alternative to the one damage channel your opponent managed to eliminate.

Ninjew, I’m really trying to respect you, but this is getting stupid. Play Sorcerer a little bit. As I wrote at least three times, you need your racial supports as Sorcerer always, and these form at least 50% of your support infrastructure (and for draconians always due to synergy), and when these lose their damage output – not due to planning or smart play, but due to vanilla game balance that is no longer the current meta, this is crappy.

SikBok
    Keymaster

ExNihil & NINJEW,

Please agree to disagree. I think there’s enough argument here for our people on balance to make up their minds. With all the walls of text going up, I’d argue there are more then needed already.

It’ll also help keep things civil and on topic.

NINJEW

ExNihil & NINJEW,

Please agree to disagree. I think there’s enough argument here for our people on balance to make up their minds. With all the walls of text going up, I’d argue there are more then needed already.

It’ll also help keep things civil and on topic.

alright, sounds good to me

ExNihil

I wholeheartedly agree 😃

Tombles
    Keymaster

OK, so decided to just buff Wyverns for now, since they’re glaringly weak considering where they come in the research tree:

Latest Changes

• Fire Wyvern now has 52hp (was 44), does 7 fire damage (was 6)
    • Frost Wyvern now has 52hp (was 44), does 7 frost damage (was 6)
    • Bone Wyvern now has 52hp (was 44), does 7 blight damage (was 6)
    • Gold Wyvern now has 54hp (was 46), does 7 spirit damage (was 6)
    • Obsidian Wyvern now has 48hp (was 40), does 10 physical/3 blight damage (was 11 physical), has Inflict Weakened on gold (was Inflict Exhausting Fatigue)
    • Fixed City Quake to have proper happiness and relation damage.

Zaskow

Fire Wyvern now has 52hp (was 44), does 7 fire damage (was 6)
    Frost Wyvern now has 52hp (was 44), does 7 frost damage (was 6)
    Bone Wyvern now has 52hp (was 44), does 7 blight damage (was 6)
    Gold Wyvern now has 54hp (was 46), does 7 spirit damage (was 6)
    Obsidian Wyvern now has 48hp (was 40), does 10 physical/3 blight damage (was 11 physical), has Inflict Weakened on gold (was Inflict Exhausting Fatigue)

I like it.

ExNihil

No change to gryphons in summon fantastic creature? I.e replace it with gold wyvern? I’d like to point out that by being an animal it makes summoning fantastic creature to a city with library of the dark arts less appealing as well.

Tombles
    Keymaster

We’ve been told that a lot of people really like the Gryphon, so we left it as is. I think people like it because:

1) It’s super fast at 36mp for a flier
    2) It has 12 defense and first strike, so it’s tactically useful, if a bit boring

ExNihil

Can you convert it to monster in that case? At least it will have the MCU bonus.

Another good option would be to give wyverns +4 MP on bronze medal- since they only have a gold medal upgrade iirc and are t2, this is doable I hope.

ExNihil

Sorry, +6MP, so its 36 total.

Tombles
    Keymaster

+4mp? So they can move one hex further on the world map?

slashman

I was wondering when the beta build is planned to go live.

I don’t have an issue playing a perpetual beta, but as I recall there was a fix for NPCs not taking undefended cities that would be pretty important to push to live.

ExNihil

Yes, and if they got extra MP when levelled Gryphon could be exchanged 😃, I guess most players wouldn’t object and wyverns go better with the Sorcerer theme IMO and would keep Geyphons an AD specialty.

ExNihil

Also, there is already extra vision range on Node Serpent at medal iirc, so Sorcerer will have all the scouting options it could possibly need even without Gryphon.

Jolly Joker

If I may chime in, Necro getting buffed and I’ve playing Necro a lot since EL (and with that I mean not only Necro Class, but Necro hero Metagame with other Classes.

I made a thread in the balance section. There is a reason why Necro heroes can get Inflict Ghoul Curse only with level 9 and Deathbringers have such high Research costs, and although not everyone is appreciating it – getting Deathbringer(s) early via Control Undead is totally uncool and OP. This isn’t a problem in Autocombat MP, but in every game with manual combat – and playing every Class, since every Necro hero can pick Control Undead reaching level 3, and accordinly early may Control a Deathbringer, Ghoul-cursing away (Necro trying to Control every Archon Caster/Reanimator in sight). You may also control MORE than one Deathbringer …

There is an easy cure for that: Give Deathbringer immunity against Control Undead; that would solve a lot of exploits with early Inflict Ghoul Curse streaks.

Thanks for listening.

ExNihil

There are other solutions to this in the mentioned thread that are better IMO.

Jolly Joker

I don’t care about the actual solution, as long as there is one.

There is an easy cure for that: Give Deathbringer immunity against Control Undead; that would solve a lot of exploits with early Inflict Ghoul Curse streaks.

A thing you dislike is an exploit now, really?

Jolly Joker

Actually, it’s the other way round. If it’s too much of an exploit I dislike it. In this case there is a world of difference between MP/Auto and SP/PBEM/Manual, and there is no precedence in the game for anything that comes even close.

It’s obvious that Deathbingers are the best farming unit in the game – by far. All others, except the weak Bard, have Mind Control Immunity themselves which means you must “honestly” get them. Not only can a Deathbringer be controlled by a level 3 Necro, the DEathbringer itself can also “control” the other converting units: Evangelist, Sukkubus; Nymph and so on. And to top it off, it’s a stunt every class can pull, meaning, the minute the stunt IS pulled, all balance is gone, all immunities off.

If that’s not an exploit, there is none.

An exploit in game terms has a specific definition, that definition is that it hinges upon a bug or a gap in the program. Neither is the case here, therefore:

If that’s not an exploit, there is none.

And sadly your argument boils down to “It’s different, I don’t like it.”.
    That is a valid opinion to have. But that is not a balance issue, same as the free spell for Necros on game start and a number of other issues.

And discussing your problem with that would be far easier if you would acknowledge that it is a subjective problem instead of an unforeseen and unacceptable failure of game balance that needs some forced ill-conceived solution.

Jolly Joker

I think that you actually don’t know what thuis specific thing is all about and argue on a very personal basis without actually having a point except claiming a lot.

ExNihil

Can I ask for some dev attention at the last two pages or so of the Necromancer Balancing Discussion thread? I have made some suggestions on scouts, and some people have debated this, I would like you guys to read this if you find the time. TY

EDIT: Discussion starts in the last third of this page: http://aow.triumph.net/forums/topic/necromancer-balance-discussion/page/14/

I think that you actually don’t know what thuis specific thing is all about and argue on a very personal basis without actually having a point except claiming a lot.

I would recommend a good look into the mirror to you. And please stop with the ad hominem attacks when you run out of arguments.

Sorax
    Keymaster

Xerberus86

can we get an ETA for the next patch release (gog user) pls? 🙂

ExNihil

Hi Dev Dudes,

I would like to point you attention as well to another thread on sea travel mechanics:

http://aow.triumph.net/forums/topic/sea-islands-and-continents-balance/

Not long but I think it’s productive and addresses what I feel is a major IMBA in MP games. So pls take a look when you find the time.

esvath

can we get an ETA for the next patch release (gog user) pls? 🙂

+1.

If there is no further work on the patch, or if the works to do are taking long time, I suggest that the current version is released as an official patch for GOG.

Xerberus86

can we get an ETA for the next patch release (gog user) pls? :)

+1.

If there is no further work on the patch, or if the works to do are taking long time, I suggest that the current version is released as an official patch for GOG.

+100000

SikBok
    Keymaster

+1.

+100000

We are working on something big we’d like to add to this patch before releasing it.

So, it will be a bit before we do an official release but it should be worth the wait when we do.

FrankA

+1.

+100000

We are working on something big we’d like to add to this patch before releasing it.

So, it will be a bit before we do an official release but it should be worth the wait when we do.

OK good to know, thnx SikBok

Frank

Viewing 30 posts - 121 through 150 (of 170 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.