V1.555 Patch now Available on GoG and Steam

We’ve moved over to the paradox forums. Please come visit us there to discuss:
You can still read the collective wisdom - and lolz - of the community here, but posting is no longer possible.

Home Forums Age of Wonders 3 Discussions V1.555 Patch now Available on GoG and Steam

This topic contains 54 replies, has 38 voices, and was last updated by  demotech89 6 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 55 total)
  • Author

Lennart Sas
    Keymaster

Bwe

Yeaaaahhhh ! Good week-end incoming !

Gloweye

Yay! Maybe we can get the Wiki into shape again…

Azunai

sweet! and the best part is – we have a national holiday tomorrow – more time to play 🙂

Sindir

sorry but with the frostling raider and the elven swordsman
    getting +1 Def i more and more feel like the dwarfen race bonus of +1 def
    don´t really exist… You can see this already on the dwarven prospector
    who dont got it… now the dwarven axeman also dont really have it,
    compared with frostling and elve :/

I feel a bit sad about this, because with this the already boring dwarves (because no special abilities, only the axeman have defensestrike) became more boring (realy often mentioned in this forum already), cause they dont get their racebonus ; or lets say: other raceunits get the dwarven racebonus too, and they have cool specialabilities…

Besides: I´m happy the you still work on this game to become better and better, but sometimes you guys make strange dicisions 😉

armpete

Hi,

After this update I lost all my saved games. What should I do???

Gyor

I can’t play at the moment, can anyone tell me how mediate was buffed please?

Akinaba

Besides: I´m happy the you still work on this game to become better and better, but sometimes you guys make strange dicisions ;)

No work can go without strange decisions 😉 Shold be more happy, that this is going on… Wait and see, and contribute to the forum (ini reasonable way) and we will see what else devs got for us ;). (Not mean to offend you in no way, just point you on the bright side of the moon). xD

Bwe

I feel a bit sad about this, because with this the already boring dwarves (because no special abilities, only the axeman have defensestrike) became more boring (realy often mentioned in this forum already), cause they dont get their racebonus ; or lets say: other raceunits get the dwarven racebonus too, and they have cool specialabilities…

Can’t agree more with you… +10% cost for bland units with no special abilities. Where are the over-powered dwarves everybody spoke about before ?
    This and the additional T2 units taht Frostlings and Tigrans have received wit ha lot of new abilities…

I want my steamtank & mole-riders back !

Why are Prowlers tier 2 with only +4hp? They are now the weakest tier 2 unit in the game? I know they can hit like a truck but it seems like they aren’t really worth building now.

Fenraellis

I can’t play at the moment, can anyone tell me how mediate was buffed please?

All of the values increased by +1. So, +4 Physical Melee, +3 Spirit Melee, +3 Fire Melee, +3 Defense, +2 Resistance are the current Meditate values.

Akinaba

Great birds don’t disappear anymore on water hexes on world map

Only now Halfling Eagle Riders do… 😀

Sadorhael

Lost all custom heroes and all save games. Any tips what to do to get them back?

decoy

Grats on the pushing out the patch. So any ETA on the next patch?

Eomolch

sorry but with the frostling raider and the elven swordsman<br>
    getting +1 Def i more and more feel like the dwarfen race bonus of +1 def<br>
    don´t really exist… You can see this already on the dwarven prospector<br>
    who dont got it… now the dwarven axeman also dont really have it,<br>
    compared with frostling and elve :/

Actually the raider looses 1 defense with the patch.

Sindir

Oh sorry then, i made a reading-error xD
    But the mainproblem is still the same.

and @akinaba:

Yeah i am happy that they still put so much effort on this,
    but yeah.. i did wrote this in my comment too 😉
    But no problem, i never will feel offended because of other opinions ^^

Arlow

also lost my custom characters and the community made scenarios i had downloaded, they are still in the folder – but not available to select when starting a new scenario

NINJEW

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Lennart Sas wrote:</div>

Can’t agree more with you… +10% cost for bland units with no special abilities. Where are the over-powered dwarves everybody spoke about before ?<br>
    This and the additional T2 units taht Frostlings and Tigrans have received wit ha lot of new abilities…

I want my steamtank & mole-riders back !

Dwarves are overpowered because their units are universally better than standard. Even without ~special abilities~ the only thing keeping them balanced is that they cost more.

Sindir

@ninjew:

Sorry but i cant see that..
    i think to have one more devense as SOME of the units of other races isn´t so powerfull that you can call it “overpowered”
    Special abilities are the things that are much more importend, for exemple the total awarneness-ability all elven supports have…
    But anyway, this discussion was held already too often in the forum, so dont lets do it here again and repeat all the points that where allready mentioned before.

@azunai:

How can you say something like this?
    As cool as this game is, you cant play games tomorrow,
    you have to set up a Maibaum 😉

Zorrino

AWESOME!!!! =D

Here’s a thought, why not be able to build cities on the mountains? I see lots of flat Mountain tops that would be perfect for it, or maybe you will have to research it first or something? I don’t know just thought since we can traverse the Mountains why not live on it? Maybe they can’t grow as fast till you build that Store House or maybe even add a new building just for the mountain cities. Hope this idea wont die off anytime soon. Keep the idea going ladies and gentlemen. =D

Abciximab

I like the changes to the bone collectors….looks like with their new skeleton harvesters, necros will finally have a unit that will be effective against other undead as well.
    By the way, is it just me or is the amount of necromancer npcs on random maps ridiculous? The last games I played, at least half of my enemies were necromancers…

comebackhome

Pretty excited to try out some of the new fantastic changes in this patch 🙂

My only concerns are Sun’s spear range changed to short range from medium range.. R.I.P using these units for base defence anymore, and was hoping to see some prominent Dreadnaught buffs as they seem pretty underwhelming at the moment to be put lightly.

However, good job overall – looking forward to the next patch hoping to see some of these changes and/or reversing the sun spear range.

My only concerns are Sun’s spear range changed to short range from medium range.. R.I.P using these units for base defence anymore, and was hoping to see some prominent Dreadnaught buffs as they seem pretty underwhelming at the moment to be put lightly.

Walls still give you +2 range and sun spear doesn’t have a range penalty now so it’s not that bad but it’s definitely less cost effective in sieges defense.

Why are Prowlers tier 2 with only +4hp? They are now the weakest tier 2 unit in the game? I know they can hit like a truck but it seems like they aren’t really worth building now.

Higher tier units get more stat upgrades with levels.

Azghall

Spiritual Freedom is now tier 2, 140 knowledge same as the equivalent Grey Guard and Shadowbord spells (was tier 4, 400 knowledge)

Yay, no more i need to research Archangel or all the other adept spells to get Spiritual Freedom (that just destroy my Human Theocrat first and second playthrough)

Goblin Military 5 now grants units Inflict Weakened instead of Inflict Severely Poisoned >D

Dwarf Mounted Archer now has Armored, for a new defense of 12 (was 11), no price change (he was already 5 gold too expensive)

Going Dwarf Warlord and you find a place that have Crystall Tree, Spring of Life and Vault of Knowledge, and now you have you main army, immune to mind control high damge, high def, res and hp. 😀

mikerednik

Yeah cool idea to release a pach before the weekend with 1 may as friday , so nobody is even trying to pach the pach or to answer till monday ..
    YOU PATCHED MY SAVEGAMES AWAY
    im still new player , still playing the campains and you patched my weekend game free ( at least aow free ) , thanks .. realy .. im angry.

GoG User Report:

Saved games working and visible.
    No lost custom heroes.
    I hope those of you having problems get them sorted. (Unless you’re Steam users, then you got what you deserved for supporting the evil empire. Just kidding. I hope you get them sorted and then leave Steam. :P)

Path of Life finally working! Yay!
    Path of Life + Path of Decay in same army = no path YAY! I hope this is working as intended and will stay this way. Obsidian Dragons are finally useful on land instead of just as water scouters.

Confirmed Archon Revenants built with Spiritual Freedom now Dedicated to Good. Archon dwellings might have some use now.

I already hated bone collectors for stealing my rez corpses. Now they are going to be even worse.

As a suggestion, to those who don’t mind going back a patch, do a 2nd install of the game in a different directory and only patch up to last patch. This isn’t possible on Steam since they coopt your computer for their own nefarious purposes, but GoG users can simply do a 2nd install wherever they like and forego the latest patch.

Here’s a discussion on some ideas for Steam users:
    http://steamcommunity.com/app/72850/discussions/0/613936673464502323/

Stormwind

GoG User Report:

Saved games working and visible.<br>
    No lost custom heroes.<br>
    I hope those of you having problems get them sorted. (Unless you’re Steam users, then you got what you deserved for supporting the evil empire. Just kidding. I hope you get them sorted and then leave Steam. :P )

Path of Life finally working! Yay!<br>
    Path of Life + Path of Decay in same army = no path YAY! I hope this is working as intended and will stay this way. Obsidian Dragons are finally useful on land instead of just as water scouters.

Confirmed Archon Revenants built with Spiritual Freedom now Dedicated to Good. Archon dwellings might have some use now.

I already hated bone collectors for stealing my rez corpses. Now they are going to be even worse.

As a suggestion, to those who don’t mind going back a patch, do a 2nd install of the game in a different directory and only patch up to last patch. This isn’t possible on Steam since they coopt your computer for their own nefarious purposes, but GoG users can simply do a 2nd install wherever they like and forego the latest patch.

Here’s a discussion on some ideas for Steam users:

http://steamcommunity.com/app/72850/discussions/0/613936673464502323/

Well glad you GoG guys finally got the patch us steam guys have been playing with for a week already! I know you all feel like red headed step children out there!

Now, if only you goggers could come to your senses and buy on Steam, we could have a larger MP community. The GoG dudes are always shut out because of lack of access to the Steam virtual lobby…:)

Why are you prejudiced against redheads and/or stepchildren? What’s wrong with being either?

I’m happy playing the game in solitude and a week late as long as I am not supporting a walled garden ecosystem that is ruining computer gaming. 🙂

Stormwind

How much of a discount do you get buying from GoG to make up for the lack of extra services?? It would have to be atleast $40 cheaper to make up for it.

Arnout
    Keymaster

Sorry for the save game troubles on Mac!

Saves are most likely not lost, it’s just that AoW3 user directory was moved to a more appropriate location, namely

//AoW3/
    to:
    //~Library/Application Support/AoW3/

However it looks like something went wrong here. For now you can probably fix it by manually moving the AoW3 directory to the new location.

Again sorry for the inconvenience!

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 55 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.