What mods are best to enchance campaign?

We’ve moved over to the paradox forums. Please come visit us there to discuss:
You can still read the collective wisdom - and lolz - of the community here, but posting is no longer possible.

Home Forums Age of Wonders 3 Discussions What mods are best to enchance campaign?

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Hiliadan 4 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

notme

That is better visuals, balaced units, extended economy, and other mods, that modifies existing things, so they would work in campaign.
    I have Racial Class Unit Reskin mod

notme

For example this rebalance mod:
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=661597466
    Will it work with campaigns?

Gloweye

By default, the campaigns are unaffected by mods. It’s turned off in the map settings of each of their maps.

The two vanilla campaigns can be opened with the map editor, and I believe you can unflag it.

notme

By default, the campaigns are unaffected by mods. It’s turned off in the map settings of each of their maps.

The two vanilla campaigns can be opened with the map editor, and I believe you can unflag it.

So any graphical/mechanical change of this balance mod are blocked in campaign?
    This mod changes stuff around skills/stats of units and adds racial class varienty.

Motasa

I don’t think that is right. My own mod(s) works fine in all the campaigns. And I have altered the looks and the stats of units, the city upgrades and the spells/skills of heroes/leaders.

Gloweye

There’s a toggle in the map editor, whether to allow new files or not.

That’s why I thought the above, but haven’t done a lot of testing or something.

Hiliadan

Regarding the PBEM & Single Player balance mod, we haven’t had much feedback about its use on the campaigns but overall, and the mod is more focused on RMG maps but overall it should also improve the experience for the campaigns.
    If you find it makes the campaign too easy (e.g. it might make Necro AI slightly weaker, but it’s speculation as we haven’t had any feedback about this so far), please let us know.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.