What units would you like to see return in AoW3?

We’ve moved over to the paradox forums. Please come visit us there to discuss:
You can still read the collective wisdom - and lolz - of the community here, but posting is no longer possible.

Home Forums Age of Wonders 3 Discussions What units would you like to see return in AoW3?

This topic contains 75 replies, has 40 voices, and was last updated by  iHunterKiller 9 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 76 total)
  • Author

Acheron

starting with your most wanted unit.

My list:

Beholders 🙂

Tigran Mystics

Zombies (with resurgence)

Specters/shades

Necromancers

leomund

Steam Tanks and Barbarians! 🙂

Lizardmen!!!! 🙂 i liked salamanders and green wyverns also turtle catapult.

Draxynnic

Kharaghs. They’re an Age of Wonders iconic.

I’d also be quite disappointed if there wasn’t a reptilian race (lizardmen, draconians, combination of the two – they’re all good) and a reasonably convenient (if late in the tech-tree) means of getting dragons.

Bone horrors

Basilisks

Titans

Skeleton Dragons

Fairy Dragons

Leprechauns

Hell hounds

Giant Beetles

Wyvern Riders

And just to make a  point, Bone Horrors. (No I never played undead, what gives you THAT idea?!)

Flenoom

Nymphs, as I said )

Iron Maidens and Executioners

Oh and Dire Penguins please! 😀

AOW1
    1 Elf Ranger !!!!!
    2 Unicorn
    3 Astra
    4 Orc Assassin
    5 Undead Reaper

AOW2
    1 Bladedancer
    2 Shade
    3 Runemaster

I am surprised that no one has mentioned what has to be, for me, the coolest unit in the series, and one that took a bit of skill to exploit-the incarnate.

I mean, after 3 games in the series still no one really knows what it is! I do think the original, with physical immunity, was the most effective.

This  is not to disparage any other units, most of which I do adore  e.g. nordic/northern glow, air galley, all the dragons, thr original Undead demon….

Swarogsen

One MOD for AoW2 I liked: 100 units. When you can hatch not only Gold, Red or Black dragons, but lot’s of other dragons or wyrms. So hope to see on AoW3 different dragons and wyrms…

Narvek
    Keymaster

Nobody mentioned Kobolds yet? I always loved those little guys from AoW1 so very much… they looked awesome ^^

Swarogsen

Yep, cobolds form AoW were cool. 🙂

Yes forgot incarnate.I think i had had an army of heroes who were incarnated in first game.

Jayaris

Runemaster, Giant Beetle

Piko

Astras. But the real Astras, not some creepy angels. ;P But really, I hope that Archon Theocrat or someone could recruit Astras as a special kind of angels.

I also would like if the wraiths, incarnations etc. would have the AoW1 power. In AoW2 they got nerfed really badly… Imo some units should be powerfull, but they should be really hard to obtain. And it would be cool if eg. incarnates would have got physical immunity, but also a chance to rebel in each turn. Or it could be a spell that reduces the unit’s immunities (for all kinds of damage) to protection. There are many ways to make high level units really powerful, but not unplayable.

Fimbul

Bladedancer

Spider Queen

Succubus

Dread Reaper

Wyvern Rider

Black Angel

Bone Dragon

Tomipapa

Human knight

Runemaster(they are in already)

Yeti 🙂

Minotaur

Basilisk

Treeman

Brother JO

Reaper

Bladedancer(propably will not see them since dark elves are out :/ )

Chariots <3

Dragons!!!!   😀

Syron(from aow 1)

reaper

do u guys remember the azrac’s yaka from aow1?? amazing unit indeed. and i also vote for human charlatan

Wakah-Chan

Yaka Avatars, I remember the pain they gave me in the Ashen steppe)

Lennart Sas
    Keymaster

Oh no, not the incarnate, I think it should be called devil’s incarnate. Unit that cost single most time to program, debug and ended up still mighty unbalancing.  But it was fun though.

Some of these will be back, either has higher level race, class, specialization or monster units

Wakah-Chan

Incarnates were fun destroying whole armies and dying shamefully from a couple of mages 🙂

reaper

hahahahahaha they truely sometimes died shamefully

A lvl 1 swordsman with enchanted weapon killed one of mine once…That was…frustrating, yet amusing.

And yes, the ashen steppe, where your orcs got smashed! I only ever beat that map because of strong heroes, easily one of the more challenging scenarios…

Baravis

From AoW1: everything Dwarven.  Mole riders, berserkers, giants, boar riders, and first born- you name it, I want it.

BlaneckW

Your Orcs only got smashed because you either A: Didn’t choose the right magic, or B: sat around instead of attacking.

Wakah-Chan

I had no magic because I had Talic without spell casting but with life stealing, such massacres he could create;) And on hard you cannot take a hero from the previos map cause there are not enough points. In Ashen steppe the only tactic is to rush everyone.

Also I want Dark eleven executioner back as a 3 tier unit as in AoW1 not it’s weak AoW2 version.

Lennart Sas
    Keymaster

Today we put the Dire Penguins in 3d production. Their units will look better than ever, marching in their little penguin formations ready to take over the world.

Wakah-Chan

If Dire penguins get even scarier looks, I guess everyone else will just have to surrender and beg for mercy 🙂

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 76 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.