What units would you like to see return in AoW3?

We’ve moved over to the paradox forums. Please come visit us there to discuss:
You can still read the collective wisdom - and lolz - of the community here, but posting is no longer possible.

Home Forums Age of Wonders 3 Discussions What units would you like to see return in AoW3?

This topic contains 75 replies, has 40 voices, and was last updated by  iHunterKiller 8 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 16 posts - 61 through 76 (of 76 total)
  • Author

I just don’t understand people just adding to this list the most powerful units they can imagine. IMO this is not about that.

NEHZ

Frost queen, but only if the frostlings are in.

Succubus and beholder.

Every dragon so far and then some, variety in dragons ftw ^^

Vastitas

Personally, I would love to see the return of a wider variety of combat ships, like what there was in AOW1. I don’t want a single generic fighting ship, I want to have small destroyers, cruisers, and giant battleships to choose from. Furthermore, I’d want to be able to have a full stack of said ships, instead of being restricted to a single ship per stack because of the transport status.

Also, significant differences between the role the ships play in combat, other than just an inflation of stats as you go from lower to higher tier ships, would be a great way to add depth. Differentiate them with more combat abilities. Firebombs, javelins, cannons, or even some fantasy equivalent of a torpedo?

I think that even if all units become their own ship once they reach the water, we can still have ships as a separate entity.

Also I would like to see a unit like that one in AOW1 which used to build roads and rebuild cities. At somepoint I remember someone mentioing that it was supposed to be able to build watchtowers as well but they never found the time to implement that in the game.

In fact having something like that would allow to personalize the defenses of the empire, maybe buildig defensife turrets as well…

Flamespike

The incarnate was my favorite unit! As a big fan of stargate and supernatural, I just love the concept of an entity (spirit or parasite) taking over a host and possibly leaving it after it dies or switching host. If the shadow demons make a return somehow in a DLC, it would be nice to have some symbiotic larvaes 🙂

Flenoom

Frost queen, but only if the frostlings are in.

Actually, she is not frostling…

b0rsuk

I loved Frost Witches. Not that powerful, but their laugh made me smile, and their signature ability was unlike anything I’ve seen in a TBS game. It was very, very cool. While witches were not very powerful in combat, their Regeneration* ability offered some nice tactical options.

* was regeneration in base AoW:SM, or was it from the unofficial patch ? I’ve never played base AoW:SM.

b0rsuk

It looks like I’m forced to double post.

– Warlords, so manly! A unit that would rarely go unnoticed.

– Dwarven Boar Riders. They amused me, especially with their sounds.

Fikol

dark angels… pure awesomness. I just decided, today I reinstall it for the third time:) can’t wait to get home actually

Nexium Night

@ THE Black Knight:

“I just don’t understand people just adding to this list the most powerful units they can imagine. IMO this is not about that.”

Well, they may be “the most powerful unites they can imagine,” but this IS about what we want back, right? ;P

BlaneckW

I will mention your weaker units.  AOW1: Goblin Darter, Goblin Shaman, Orc Swordsman.

zealot83

The Undead please …Dread reaper,Zombie,Skeleton Dragon,Necromancer,Skeleton

I just want my Harvester. A Dread Reaper would be kinds nice, too.

Kyrozen

I want Bombard (AOW:SM), Lord (AOW:SM) and Chaos Lord to make their return.
    Bombard is basically a necessary unit for my defense from emperor AIs while Lord and Chaos Lord is just freakin’ awesome. Would be swell if Dread Reaper make a return, though. I would love to see it on HD.

Would be swell if Dread Reaper make a return, though. I would love to see it on HD.

agreed 😀

some ppl have said the aow gfx are sub par .. i think they are a+ with their own style

the lord v the dread reaper v the chaos lord would be very interesting in aow 3 gfx 😀

Viewing 16 posts - 61 through 76 (of 76 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.