What's your favorite Draconian setup?

We’ve moved over to the paradox forums. Please come visit us there to discuss:
You can still read the collective wisdom - and lolz - of the community here, but posting is no longer possible.

Home Forums Age of Wonders 3 Discussions What's your favorite Draconian setup?

This topic contains 4 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Sathra 8 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Diair

I don’t see a lot of dicussion going on regarding what kind of class and sphere combinations work well with the Draconians, so what are your favorites?

I haven’t been able to play with them much other than the second campaign mission, and to be honest I feel that the Archdruid path didn’t really suit them well – they feel more like a clobbering-time sort of race. (But then again, the Orcs do that better). I was thinking that a sorcerer would work pretty well with the diversified damage.

As for Spheres, err, fire? I have no idea 😛

esvath

I played as Draconian Theocrat once, and found that Draconian Exalted is stronger than High Elf Exalted. Draconian Exalted is healing faster, have fire protection and somehow able to take more damage than High Elf Exalted.

Of course on the other hand, playing as Draconian Theocrat made the tier 3 Draconian Flyer not too useful.

I also really liked the Draconian Theocrat combination, and found that Exalteds & Fliers pair well together. The exalted is a better fodder unit, while the flyer deals more damage and is a bit more durable. Also, early crusaders helps shore up the low defense of Draconian armies, which is very nice in making sure your side lives the longest.

So far, I’ve only tried the theocrat and archdruid, and while I think the former works better with draconians, I’m planning on trying out every class with them.

Downside of going Draconian Theocrat is that all your units have a natural 6 healing per turn, which doesn’t stack with Prayer for the Hurt or Healing Aura. Also, as mentioned, it makes Flyers less special because you already have Exalted.

Sathra

I didn’t find Druid so bad, since Dragon Ancestry works with ranged attacks. There’s alot of fire going around with my Draconian Theocrat game. If I can’t burn it, it can’t burn me as much.

Its actually pretty handy in alot of places. Like those dungeons with the pheonixes, since Draconian Crusaders with a hero buff can pretty much ignore firebreath.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.