When will the game be "finished"

We’ve moved over to the paradox forums. Please come visit us there to discuss:
You can still read the collective wisdom - and lolz - of the community here, but posting is no longer possible.

Home Forums Age of Wonders 3 Discussions When will the game be "finished"

This topic contains 16 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by  FrankA 6 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author

chrisssj2

And before you say the game is perfectly playable and finished.
    I won’t touch this game before they stop updating it with balance/bug fixes/ new content.
    I want the perfect experience, and in mean time ill keep by self otherwise occupied.

Are there any plans for future updates? Normal ones albeit, expansions?

NINJEW

you’ll be entering a community on its last legs if you wait until they’re done providing support. they’re looking ready to move onto their next game, there’s some people with wishful thinking but to be perfectly honest another expansion is looking extremely unlikely, all of the recent surveys they’ve put out have been heavily suggesting that they’re planning out their next game. there’s going to be a major patch in the near future that will contain at the very least mod support, likely a few patches after that to fix whatever problems arrive with the mod tools, and then i suspect that they’ll be dropping support either immediately or very soon after.

chrisssj2

Ahh thanks so I should just wait this year out probably and then take a look 🙂

I imagine if u compare the game just released to the game after many patches, a lot of difference..

NINJEW

oh yeah, big time. changes have been massive and very much for the better.

chrisssj2

Yeah see that’s what I mean, massive 🙂

I played the game a little but to be honest my biggest complaint was some balance issues with stronger tier. and the fact that u have squadrons instead of single units.

I played the game a little but to be honest my biggest complaint was some balance issues with stronger tier. and the fact that u have squadrons instead of single units.

well I think I will sink your boat then Lord Chrisssj2,

The “stronger” tier units still are stronger, and you still have squadrons instead of single units

Gloweye

well I think I will sink your boat then Lord Chrisssj2,

The “stronger” tier units still are stronger, and you still have squadrons instead of single units

However, Mod Tools will solve all your problems.

NINJEW

the “squadrons” are just a visual effect, it does not affect gameplay even slightly.

chrisssj2

Yeah I know, but I really dislike that visual effect so much lol.

I hope a mod will come out <3 so much so.

Or you guys tell met to go back to aow2.. but I prefer having ONE epic strong unit. then 6 of em.. makes it feel less special or epic in a way.

NINJEW

personally i’d think swarms of the common man facing off against single towering giants is far more epic, but ok

Thariorn

well, seing as we have multiple untis only consisting of a single model I hope it’s possible to have an overhaul mod edit the model number per unit.

Because, e.g., reducing Trolls/Yetis/Ogres to 1-model units would be a good thing to do imho

Nodor

I don’t see any major gameplay changes in the future- at least on a level that the average player getting into the game will be able to identify.

I think modding may give the game a longer lease on life, but I suspect most of the surveys are for planning for AoW4 or another similar 4x game.

That said, this is currently the best fantasy 4x available. So, waiting seems foolish in my opinion.

Khelle

I would like to disagree. “Stronger” units have far lower strength per cost potential that “weaker” ones. Meaning cost I mainly keep in mind maintenance cost. However there are still place for higher tiers, and people keep discussing this topic, which is better – to swarm or keep few high tier units – a lot, suggesting that developers have done great job on balancing them since launch.

I won’t touch this game before they stop updating it with balance/bug fixes/ new content.

Err…you should be thankful that they keep tweaking it. Player feedback is a critical element of how they tweak the game.

Ideally, it would never be “done.”

Stormwind

Yeah I know, but I really dislike that visual effect so much lol.

Or you guys tell met to go back to aow2.. but I prefer having ONE epic strong unit. then 6 of em.. makes it feel less special or epic in a way.

I think there is a way to turn the visual off in the game? Never tried it though. Honestly dont see why it should bother anyone, think of the visual as another way to see at a glance how close to dead your unit is.

Khelle

, think of the visual as another way to see at a glance how close to dead your unit is.

That epic moment when last goblin in a stack managed to kill dragon or giant 🙂

FrankA

Err…you should be thankful that they keep tweaking it. Player feedback is a critical element of how they tweak the game.

Ideally, it would never be “done.”

I couldn’t agree more!!

Frank

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.