Why call it Chaplin?

We’ve moved over to the paradox forums. Please come visit us there to discuss:
You can still read the collective wisdom - and lolz - of the community here, but posting is no longer possible.

Home Forums Age of Wonders 3 Discussions Why call it Chaplin?

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  redrumgib 6 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

redrumgib

It seems rather misleading to call the Theocrat hero upgrade skill Chaplin when it’s really minor bard and doesn’t stack with minor bard buffs. While melee buffs seem to stack I figured the Chaplin buff would stack with minor bard as they are tagged with different names, but is doesn’t work that way.

With Theocrats having access to units with minor bard, and I’m playing a halfling race this skill is a complete waste. Why not give Theocrats some other new 5 point skill upgrade that would actually be useful most of the game.

At least change the skills name from Chaplin to minor bard so everyone would not expect it to stack.

Weltenreiter

Huh. I’m almost positive that Chaplain grants an instance of “High Morale”; which is quite common, but separate from and stacks with Minor Bard’s (and regular Bard’s for that matter).

Fenraellis

Huh. I’m almost positive that Chaplain grants an instance of “High Morale”; which is quite common, but separate from and stacks with Minor Bard’s (and regular Bard’s for that matter).

This should indeed be the case, barring some strange bug.
    Theocrats themselves don’t have access to Minor Bard Skills, but the Halfling Evangelist does(and Apprentice and Shaman, and Reanimator in a way). Elite Brew Brothers as well, of course.

Chaplain is the same as Imperial Authority from the Dreadnought.

If nothing else, Minor Bard Skills was a new ability specifically added with Golden Realms. Chaplain existed as its own ability before that.

redrumgib

When I check individual units in the army and mouse over their morale it lists minor bard, but there is no reference to Chaplin that I could spot. I’ll have to check when I am next in game to see if it’s listed as high morale or something else.

Thanks Weltenreiter and Fenraellis for the replies.

Gloweye

When I check individual units in the army and mouse over their morale it lists minor bard, but there is no reference to Chaplin that I could spot. I’ll have to check when I am next in game to see if it’s listed as high morale or something else.

Thanks Weltenreiter and Fenraellis for the replies.

Are you sure the hero with Chaplain is the party leader (The leftmost slot)? That’s a requirement for the ability to work.

redrumgib

I’ve confirmed in game that the Chaplin trait effects morale as a “high morale” +200 buff in the morale tool tip list.. This is disappointing because I suspect it will not stack with Stables of Vigor high morale buff.

I will have to test in game to determine if the two effects stack or as I suspect one overwrites the other.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.