Will GOG ever have open beta?

We’ve moved over to the paradox forums. Please come visit us there to discuss:
You can still read the collective wisdom - and lolz - of the community here, but posting is no longer possible.

Home Forums Update v1.5 – Open Beta General Feedback Will GOG ever have open beta?

Tagged: , ,

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Draxynnic 4 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

SpiritSeeker

Hi,

Will GOG ever have open-beta access?

I ask, because PBEM has been really fun but also quite frustrating because of the open beta only being available for Steam users. I’ve had multiple games where Steam players suddenly decide to use open-beta on their turn: end of game for GoG players.
    Also, I’ve finally found a small group of dedicated PBEM players to play with, but: I can’t join their games because they are playing Steam open-beta, and probably won’t change it soon because they have some games still running.

So, why not just enable the open-beta download for GOG? Sounds easy enough, but perhaps I’m missing something?

Fenraellis

So, why not just enable the open-beta download for GOG? Sounds easy enough, but perhaps I’m missing something?

It’s because of the format by which GOG operates. Their infrastructure doesn’t normally support frequent changing version Beta patches like this.

Well, that’s a paraphrasing of the general answer, at least.

Draxynnic

That said, GOG is apparently putting a Steam-like system into beta, so that might help there.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.