[WIP] Hero Professions Mod

Weโ€™ve moved over to the paradox forums. Please come visit us there to discuss:
You can still read the collective wisdom - and lolz - of the community here, but posting is no longer possible.

Home Forums Modding and Map Making [WIP] Hero Professions Mod

This topic contains 7 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  nvc_for_the_soul 5 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Eomolch

This mod reworks the racial hero upgrades from my hero development mod and replaces them with three different mutual exclusive upgrade paths. The new hero upgrades are unlocked by choosing one of three professions and can be learned at levels 1,2,4,6,8,10 and 13. Some of them are abilities from the vanilla game, others come from my racial heritage mod and yet others are entirely new.

This is a work in progress and I will update it only with completed new races so the game will always stay stable.

Finished Races:
    – Humans: Witch/Knight/Sailor
    – Halflings: Chef/Gardener/Sheriff
    – Highelves: Ranger/Arcanist/Shadowblade

**********Requirements************
    Racial Heritage Mod
    Hero Development Mod

Eomolch

****Update***

Now 6/9 races are done ๐Ÿ™‚

— Frostlings: Frost Witch/Hut Warden/Lumberjack
    — Orcs: Gladiator/Slavedriver/Voodoo Priest
    — Goblins: Blight Doctor/Pest Keeper/Pyromancer

For the remaining three races I am still open to (reasonable) suggestions. There are still some gaps to fill idea-wise. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Eomolch

****Update****

All 9 races are done now (or actually more like a month ago).

โ€“ Dwarves: Prospector/Smith/Aether Mage
    โ€“ Draconians: Fire Priest/Dragon Heir/Nest Warden
    โ€“ Tigrans: Savannah Hunter/Mystic/Pharaoh Guard

Additionally to each profession there was added a learnable spell from among the existing specialization spells available at lvl 5 (no leaders).

————————————————————-
    For the documentation of the mod see the appended .pdf file !
    ————————————————————-

PirateKing

First off, let me say that you’ve got a great thing going on here. Your mod trio is easily as much fun as any of the official DLC. Seriously. (You all that and a bag of chips.)

Quick question though: whenever I try to mod in front of one of your mods, instead of the change, the game creates a new identical unit id.

ex: I wanted to change the name of the “Human Hag” to “The Crone.” So I created a new mod and loaded up the resource (you know the drill.) When I’d finished and saved, the Human Hag had duplicated itself, unchanged, under a new unit id. Basically, that makes it impossible to tweak your Racial Heritage Units. I tried the same thing with other units and got the same result.

Any ideas? Haven’t run into that on other mods. So, just an FYI.

Eomolch

Hi PirateKing, first of thank’s for the praise :))

Then, about your problem, you are saying that you created a mod with the racial heritage mod in the dependency list, opened the .rpk with the human units in it, edited the human hag resource and when you reopened the mod the resource was duplicated with a new ID? If that is the case it is bad news because I don’t really know why that should happen.

Else it would be good if you described more detailed what you did and what happened and maybe then I can help you ๐Ÿ™‚

Hi Eomolch,
    I have two questions on the state of your 2 hero MODs:
    1. Is the MOD ‘Hero Proffesions’ still WIP as the title of the thread states?
    2. Is the MOD ‘Hero Development’ compatible with the new released patch v1.705 Caesar? On steam there is a remark about an issue with the new patch.

The reason I ask is that I want to play the MODs. I already played the Racial Heritage Mod and I -and a friend of mine- really liked that mod.
    NVC

Eomolch

Hi nvc_for_the_south, sorry for the tardy response, but I am currently not often around in the forums. To answer your questions

1) The mod is finished, I was just to lazy to update the title of this thread especially since not many ppl around here had shown any interest in the mod.

2) I think that the particular problem mentioned on steam only affected PBEM games. However that problem should also be fixed now, though I am still waiting for the confirmation of that from hiliadan.

Best regards,
    Eomolch

Thanks Eomolch for your answers! Hero-leveling really becomes more interesting with these mods. Thanks.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.