[MOD] Decodence – Map-Editor Content and Leader Customizations

We’ve moved over to the paradox forums. Please come visit us there to discuss:
You can still read the collective wisdom - and lolz - of the community here, but posting is no longer possible.

Home Forums Modding and Map Making [MOD] Decodence – Map-Editor Content and Leader Customizations

This topic contains 296 replies, has 32 voices, and was last updated by  Charlatan 6 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 297 total)
  • Author

Charlatan

Decodence – Map-Editor Content and Leader Customizations

==================================================================
    Notice: For your optional Decision, the RMG Integration has been split from Decodence and will be a separate mod, a patch if you so wish.
    ==================================================================

Decodence – Base Mod
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=520692430

Decodence – RMG Integration Patch
    (coming soon)

Oi, I’m making a bunch of new Decorations for my Campaign and wanted to share them with everyone:

= Possible Upcoming Content =

Old Spirit Shrines (Shrines)
      Pilot Glasses (Accessoire)
      More Slimy Tombles Tomb
      A new Prison (Treasure Site)
      More colored glows

= Features =

=> Almost all textures are vanilla, to keep the impact to a minimum.
    => Many of the props slightly adjust to small sculpting and slopes

= Content =

=> A collection of Props and Decorations, including Walls, Bloodstains, Hexes, Campsites, Architecture and more

=> “Unpassable” Terrain Tab: All Mountains, Water and Lava are now available as blocked terrain no unit can pass, without the Fog Effect of the regular Unpassable Mountain.

=> New Terrain: “Tundra” Theme, “Autumn” Theme and the Shadowrealm Theme & Map Layer

=> New Treasure Sites for the Editor

=> A Collection of new Leader Customizations, including Eyes, Skin Decorations, Tatoos, Hair, Haircolor and even Outfits

= Showcase: Editor Upgrades =

All the Showcase Pictures are now on the Steam Page:
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=520692430

Charlatan

Current Plan:

– Wall Pieces still need minor repositioning
    – Hexes partially have bad resolution, gonna look into it

– Seam Textures coming next

Akinaba

Beautiful!

Joni

Awesome! I am looking forward to all your future creations already 🙂

Gloweye

Dude, you’re creating a nice basic resources mod that every map maker is gonna want to use. Compare it to a body mod in skyrim for broadness of application.

RIP short load order is you’re going to get more of these ideas. there’s plenty custom maps gonna need this.

BTW, mind if we ask you some questions after some time? In a distant future, we’re going to craft a Valley of Wonders map for our campaign, and we’re gonna need those tower ruins..(or at least, BBB is, since he’s the crafter here)

Tibbles

These are amazing!!

Charlatan

@gloweye
    Sure, but if you are going to make a map actually of the Valley of Wonders we know from the old games, I’ll gladly make a unique model for that. Actually… this gives me an idea….

RIP short load order is you’re going to get more of these ideas. there’s plenty custom maps gonna need this.

I will use ingame textures as much as possible. As for vertices… these have much smaller impact fortunately.

@everyone
    Thanks ^^ But credit also goes to the previous AOW1 and AOW2 decoration collections, they gave me the idea to start with this.

The only reason this isn’t already open to try is because I may have to swap IDs around and that would interfere with mapping progress.

Sure, but if you are going to make a map actually of the Valley of Wonders we know from the old games, I’ll gladly make a unique model for that. Actually… this gives me an idea….

Yes, we will be needing something like this one day.

Ravenholme

Looking good!

So far so very good! These are epic!
    I’m still on holiday so can’t check, Do we have any way of copying the effect of cloudy mountains and blocking movement with these walls?

Charlatan

Most adjustments necessary seem to work now, I’ll fix one last small thing then upload it, as the existing models seem fine for now.

So far so very good! These are epic!
    I’m still on holiday so can’t check, Do we have any way of copying the effect of cloudy mountains and blocking movement with these walls?

I didn’t look into it yet, but If anything I want to see if blocked movement can be done with a marker anyway, usable anywhere.

Charlatan

Update!

Gonna upload to the workshop in a second.

Second set of Hexes is in, here’s the preview picture of an overgrown elven road I quickly set up:

Hexes 02

Charlatan

Blood Update coming next: adding 9 decals for bloodstains / splatters on the ground.

Charlatan

This preview image of the next bunch of additions should be of special interest for @gloweye and @bloodybattlebrain

VOW

Gloweye

Thanks man! It’ll be a while before we need it in our maps though :/. We’re not going that fast yet. (First version should be there this weekend if all goes according to plan – that’s 3 levels for the Cult of Storms. Keepers should be another week before they’re finished.)

Charlatan

Thanks man! It’ll be a while before we need it in our maps though :/. We’re not going that fast yet. (First version should be there this weekend if all goes according to plan – that’s 3 levels for the Cult of Storms. Keepers should be another week before they’re finished.)

No problem, lets see first what I can cook up 😉

I aim to implement what you need in a set of ancient elven ruin pieces. While I think these should be available to everyone, maybe for the VoW I will make a special compositionthat can’t be made with the normal parts.

@ Everyone

The Bloodstain decorations work and TRY to fit your use of sculpting and slopes (like beaches) but they still clip a lot. I think I have a solution soon.

OMG BLOOD

Wow blood is a great idea! Something I never even thought about too. Great work dude!

Charlatan

The bloodstains are now included, here’s a look at the Elven Architecture PART 1 update.

PART 2 will feature ruined versions and more

Elven Architecture

Elven Architecture

😀

Gloweye

Great work dude.

Charlatan

Part 2 has a special treat for you two. 😉

ryukra

EPIC! O_O

ten9

Wow, amazing.

I never thought that such cool things would be done in such a short time with the modding tools.

Charlatan

Another Preview:

Wond0rs

Charlatan

Camping Set is now finished and uploading to the Steam Workshop:

Camping

Camping Set is now finished and uploading to the Steam Workshop:

Camping

Awesome!!! I love that!

Oh man.. we really need to implement movement blocking. Its so needed for this type of thing.

Beautiful work here.

Charlatan

By popular demand (and my own) I am looking into Unpassable Terrain that is not a huge foggy mountain.

I succeeded in adding them and they work ingame, but it ended up complicated.

Just making an Unpassable Marker you can put anywhere seemingly won’t work. What I did is copy each terrain and modify it. Meaning, this would clutter the Editor Tabs with a copy of every single terrain as unpassable variant.

Once my troubles with terrain themes are solved, I may be able to make a new “Unpassable” tab containing them instead, which would be way better. Tombles kindly offered to help in the other post, so hopes are high :>

Charlatan

Decodence is now updating with an “Unpassable” Theme Tab among the Terrain. This includes every type of Mountain and Lava and Water.

The new unpassable tiles do not have the heavy fog effect the normal Unpassable Mountains produce.

I know people wanted flexible blocked Terrain but it doesnt seem doable without delving deeper into game logic, deeper than a decoration/editor upgrade should. (Which in no way means I won’t try and do that anyway :p)

Charlatan

Decodence has been updated to 1.20:

=> Added the “Haunted Inn” Treasure Site !

Preview on what is coming next:

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 297 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.