[MOD] Decodence – Map-Editor Content and Leader Customizations

We’ve moved over to the paradox forums. Please come visit us there to discuss:
You can still read the collective wisdom - and lolz - of the community here, but posting is no longer possible.

Home Forums Modding and Map Making [MOD] Decodence – Map-Editor Content and Leader Customizations

This topic contains 296 replies, has 32 voices, and was last updated by  Charlatan 6 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 27 posts - 271 through 297 (of 297 total)
  • Author

Thariorn

The Single Houses requested by Tanuith are soon finished, here’s the preview on the Goblin and Orc variants:

Sorry to repeat myself but wow, nice models 😀

Charlatan

Sorry to repeat myself but wow, nice models 😀

Thanks, gotta say tho the majority of all these is pieced together from existing TC houses, though there was a lot to restore, since TC houses need only to be seen from one side.

Here’s the Draconian ones:

Charlatan

Thariorn

I need those Windmill decorations hnnng.

My countryside map-areas always get out of control with the amount of Great Mills they have 😀

Charlatan

There we go, finally done, gonna create the Icons now then the windmills are all yours :p

Charlatan

Decodence is being updated to 1.75 right now!

=> All house sets for all Races are included (shit that was a lot of work)
    => New Glow Colors: Blue Red Green Yellow Violet Aqua Cyan White

• This reply was modified 6 years, 6 months ago by  Charlatan.

Charlatan

Allow me to announce officially that the base content of Decodence is hereby finished, I’ve added everything I wanted to add – the only exception is a few smaller additions, and architecture for each race, but this will come slowly in time. I will now focus on my Campaign, Psycho Path.

As for the Future of Decodence Mod:

=> Decodence Content will now focus on the many necessary structures and decorations we need for the Shadow Realm, and occasionally on further requests.

=> There will be architecture pieces for each race (walls, streets, etc. like humans and elves and dwarves got) AND the old Shrines from AOW2 in time, but don’t expect them soon

=> There will be some smaller leftovers (different bridges, light vegetation for DLC forests, etc) too

=> FOR NOW requests are on hold, it’s just too much to make. I will still add what you request to my list, but until further notice: no promises.

Charlatan

Unfortunately I have bad news for everyone using Decodence.

For unknown reasons, it seems to crash the Editor now, quite randomly too, and I for my part cannot open my old maps anymore while Decodence is active.

I am completely clueless about the reason for this for now.
    Since the time it last worked without problems, only minor things were added to Decodence…

Thariorn

I am completely clueless about the reason for this for now.
    Since the time it last worked without problems, only minor things were added to Decodence…

Might this be realted to those problems while updating?

And IIRC the ModEd creates Backup files too, doesn’t it?

Charlatan

I’ve got manual backup files of every version of Decodence I uploaded to Steam.

In the worst case a rollback is possible, but since there was no actual completely new change between the stable version and the current one, it would be great to find out what exactly caused it.

Two Important Notes for Map Editors:

The Map Editor automatically creates a Backup file of your maps in the form of .~sam and .~cam files. If your map is corrupt, you can always grab that one instead.

If you run into problems with Decodence you can just keep editing your map without it – when you open your map after turning the mod off, the Editor will simply remove Decodence Props automatically.

Charlatan

Another Announcement:

Decodence will be split between the Leader Customizations and the Map Features.

The first step for this is already made, there is now an alternative Decodence that only features the Leader Customizations.

In the near future the base Decodence will be replaced to only contain the Map Features.

Both Versions use the same internal IDs as before, so if you just use both “new” mods everything will be in the same order as it was.

Just don’t use Full Decodence and the Leader Customizations at the same time yet – wait until Full is replaced.

As for a Shadow Sickness Modifier, that’s yet gonna take some thought. Currently, it’s following UG logic, but with halved sight penalty.

May I suggest simply limiting or reducing base regeneration?

esvath

I haven’t had the chance to try the new Decodence and RMG integration mods. Do these add the Shadow Realm to rmg maps?

Gloweye

No, that’s gonna be seperate. RMG integration applies the two new themes to the RMG, as well as several new structures. They’re listed on the mod page:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=582094362

Exhumus

Hi, i am not sure, if this is the right place to ask, but…

When loading AOW3 with the Decodence mods, the games is not loading and freezes in the loading screen.

I disabled every other mod, but it doesen´t work. Please help. This mod looks sooo beautyful..
    Thank you.

Gloweye

When loading AOW3 with the Decodence mods, the games is not loading and freezes in the loading screen.

This means, Decodence and RMG patch? Or even more?

Anyway, a heads up can be gotten by activation Debug mode in the launcher. If you enable it and try again, it’ll generate a log, which generally has some useful info about what’s going wrong.

Exhumus

Anyway, a heads up can be gotten by activation Debug mode in the launcher. If you enable it and try again, it’ll generate a log, which generally has some useful info about what’s going wrong.

Thanky you Gloweye. I run the game in debug mode. That´s the message i get:

Package found: DECODENCE
    [ERROR]Couldn’t parse decodentabilities@decodence and theme in rmg@charlatan
    [ERROR]Couldn’t parse decodentabilities@structures in rmg@gloweye

Unfortunately, i don´t know how to solve this problem…

Exhumus

Thank you Gloweye. I run the game in debug mode. That´s the message i get:

Package found: DECODENCE
    [ERROR]Couldn’t parse decodentabilities@decodence and theme in rmg@charlatan
    [ERROR]Couldn’t parse decodentabilities@structures in rmg@gloweye

Unfortunately, i don´t know how to solve this problem…

Gloweye

That’s harmless, and can’t be the origin of freezes. It’s also removed in the next version of the RMG patch. It means there’s invalid localization information. However, the texts aren’t even used, and even if they were, then there’s fallback data available.(~[text location]~, or something close to that.)

There’s nothing else in the debugger?

Exhumus

Well, i´ll check in the evening, when i am out of office.
    But there was nothing else with an “Error” message.
    Thank you!

Exhumus

Well, unfortunately there was nothing else in the debugger (at least in my opionion)

Gloweye

Does it freeze to if you load to main menu without the RMG patch?

If so, it might be possible that it’s a memory related issue – AoW3 takes quite a lot of memory, and just having a lot of RAM doesn’t fix it – as a 32-bit application, it just can’t access over 4 GB, of the same 4 GB that windows also claims it’s fair share from, along with all other 32-bit applications. Would also depend on your specs. For me, launching 2 out of 3 from game/editor/mod editor for example will already freeze it, and that’s without any mods. By only opening one, I can just run any of them.

To test this, run it while not having other active applications, and at low specs, and base decodence active.

If disabling RMG patch fixes it on high specs, I’m gonna be completely at a loss – it’s contents aren’t even loaded unless you’re crafting a new map.

Exhumus

Good Morning Gloweye,

now i removed all Mods completly from my PC and made a new abonnement for decodence and a few other. Et Voilà. Now ist works… almost 🙂 (Base Decodence and RMG Integration are working now)
    The only thing doesen´t working is Decodence Leader customisation. This is sad, but i can live with that 🙂

Thank you very much for your help!

P.S.: Is it possible to create random maps with the Shadow realm layer?

Gloweye

P.S.: Is it possible to create random maps with the Shadow realm layer?

Not yet. Will be a seperate patch, but most of the vanilla structures look bad on Shadow Realm, so we’re waiting a bit until we can actually publish something looking good.

Charlatan

Sorry for the late replies, for some reason the topic was no longer subscribed for me

The only thing doesen´t working is Decodence Leader customisation. This is sad, but i can live with that 🙂

What exactly goes wrong? I recently fixed a few smaller issues in there, and tested it afterwards, everything seemed fine.

Exhumus

What exactly goes wrong? I recently fixed a few smaller issues in there, and tested it afterwards, everything seemed fine.

The game is not loading (stays in the loading screen) with leader customisation selected. With only decodence map and rmg selected, everthing is working fine.

• This reply was modified 6 years, 4 months ago by  Exhumus.

Charlatan

The game is not loading (stays in the loading screen) with leader customisation selected. With only decodence map and rmg selected, everthing is working fine.

That is an issue I heard of repeatedly, for more mods than just mine.

The current theory seems to be that some leftover temporary data from when modding was new/beta is the problem.

Up to now, everyone who told me of this issue had it working again after a fresh re-install of aow3.

Viewing 27 posts - 271 through 297 (of 297 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.