[MOD] Decodence – Map-Editor Content and Leader Customizations

We’ve moved over to the paradox forums. Please come visit us there to discuss:
You can still read the collective wisdom - and lolz - of the community here, but posting is no longer possible.

Home Forums Modding and Map Making [MOD] Decodence – Map-Editor Content and Leader Customizations

This topic contains 296 replies, has 32 voices, and was last updated by  Charlatan 6 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 30 posts - 61 through 90 (of 297 total)
  • Author

Charlatan

I love the witch hat!

Could you do a jester’s cap? Maybe the Halfing Jester unit already has one, I haven’t actually looked closely at them.

Can Do ^^ will take a bit.

Meanwhile, I am quite happy how my collected additions allow more sinister beauty 😀

Looks so good!! :O

Charlatan

@teehon_noin_annenkov & @quo

Elaboration: The reason I accepted the Jester Cap and put the Pilot Sunglasses on “maybe” is because the Jester Cap probably only needs 2 or 3 different versions to fit everyone.

Glasses need 18 versions 😛

Basically all suggestions and requests that actually have to be meticulously fit to all race and gender combinations, I can’t confirm to do.

Charlatan

Decodence is now updated to 1.35 !

=> Added the Glasses as shown above, two styles: classic gold and glass, and eccentric silver-black shades.

=> Added the Witch Hat above as a new Hairstyle for Female Characters, since human males already have a hat of their own.

Small update coming soon: Witchhat currently only fits Human Female and Elven Female, I will work on that.

Charlatan

A question to all Architects of Athla !

It seems we cannot chose the order in which props show up in the Decorations Tab.

Well, we can, it is the order in which they were created. Too late for that now.

I’m thinking of creating a Wall set like the ones already inside, but for the other races. This could clutter the Decorations tab quite heavily though and require lots of scrolling around to find what you want.

Whats your preferences, or better, anyone got an idea ?

Thariorn

You probably can’t create a new subgroup like e.g. hazards in the decoraitons tab?

Charlatan

You probably can’t create a new subgroup like e.g. hazards in the decoraitons tab?

Looking into this right at the moment actually 😉

Flenoom

Requesting Gandalf’s hat! Pleeeease!

Charlatan

Well that’s not far off from the witch hat xD

Want to show hair underneath ?

As accessoire I can either make it replace the hair (like the helmet ingame), or leave it as it is – in this case large hairstyles will stick through though.

Flenoom

I think, pre-made Gandalf-style hair, attached to the hat, will be enough )

Charlatan

Gandalf Style Hair hm… basically simple and long right ?

Meanwhile, a new preview of upcoming things 🙂

Flenoom

Gandalf Style Hair hm… basically simple and long right ?

I think so.

Charlatan

Ah, wavey and quite long, gonna take longer than the hat, will pick a vanilla hair for now there first

Charlatan

Your Hat is done, the seam between the top and wide part is horrible, but I will revise it when there’s time ^^ It uses Primary Leader color

But I am sure Tombles can confirm that Goblin lasses are the better legendary wizards. It’s different because ears.

Gloweye

That goblins looks really awesome (cute?). Either Tombles made sure goblins got more attention from the creative department, or I’m going to understand his love of these little critters.

Charlatan

Here’s the showcase for the fresh wounds and splatters.

The first (blood drool) will be improved to be less insignificant.

Flenoom

Your Hat is done, the seam between the top and wide part is horrible, but I will revise it when there’s time ^^ It uses Primary Leader color

Many thanks!

Charlatan

The Tundra Terrain Theme is almost done!

Here’s a little showcase displaying just how it suits between Arctic and Temperate:

Of course, it is useful on it’s own anyway. Especially useful may be the mountains that look quite Temperate but with snow top.

Gloweye

Once again, looks great.

Charlatan

@quo

A EARLY preview on the Jester Cap. I will make the “tails” each different, improve the texture, improve the fit to the head.

It uses the Primary Leader Color and Secondary Leader Color

quo

A preview on the Jester Cap. I will make the “tails” each different, improve the texture, improve the fit to the head.

Wow, wonderful job!

Charlatan

The rather large update of Decodence to 1.40 is almost done! Expect it this weekend.

”Light Vegetation” Comparison GIF (Large Filesize)

=> The fully finished Tundra Theme now with an equal amount of tiles as the vanilla themes!

=> “Light Vegetation” variants opposed to “Dense Vegetation” – more open forests with gaps, good for small patches of wood or the line between thick forests and open plains

=> The Fresh Scars and Bloodied Faces for Leaders (all except Tigran)

=> The more simple Wizard Hat for Leaders (all races and genders)

=> The Jester Cap as soon above (all races and genders)

Taykor

=> “Light Vegetation” variants opposed to “Dense Vegetation” – more open forests with gaps, good for small patches of wood or the line between thick forests and open plains

But what is this gameplay-wise? Forests?
    Looks nice, by the way. Will RMG use it?

=> The fully finished Tundra Theme now with an equal amount of tiles as the vanilla themes!

Very nice. =) But the same question. How different races like this? Movement abilities? RMG?

By the way, is it difficult to make mountains decoration which looks like earth mounds from underground walls edges (diggable)? And the same about underground diggable walls, is it possible to create such walls’ decoration which doesn’t automatically create ‘solid wall’ hexes in the center when width of a wall is bigger than 3 hexes? It’s just I have ‘Earth Barrage’ spell in my mod which now creates actual mountains on the surface and diggable walls in the underground. But I wanted less dramatic visual effect, just mounds of earth, like edge hexes of diggable walls in the underground.

Gloweye

Sounds great. It is technically the same, or is it a different terrain type? If so, there might be a need to get in some abilities like forestry and such.

I like the look anyway. The Tropical version in particular reminded me of the Steppe terrain from AoW 1.

Charlatan

But what is this gameplay-wise? Forests?
    Looks nice, by the way. Will RMG use it?

They currently use the exact same data as their Dense Vegetation counterparts, and the same Tactical Combat Maps.

RMG will not yet use it, I have yet to take a look and fully figure out the level generation .rpk – it will take long, I can say that for sure. The RMG is a complex thing.

How different races like this? Movement abilities? RMG?

Currently nobody likes and dislikes the theme itself, but they do like and dislike the type of terrain on it (Elves like Dense Vegetation Tundra) I will probably give it an own Like/Dislike balance soon. RMG: Same as above 🙁

By the way, is it difficult to make mountains decoration which looks like earth mounds from underground walls edges (diggable)? And the same about underground diggable walls, is it possible to create such walls’ decoration which doesn’t automatically create ‘solid wall’ hexes in the center when width of a wall is bigger than 3 hexes?

Mountains have an own Datafield for “Cluster Type” telling them to behave as they do when a 3hex sized bunch meets. Removing this, and tweaking the rest… it should be possible yes.

Sounds great. It is technically the same, or is it a different terrain type? If so, there might be a need to get in some abilities like forestry and such.

It is a bit of both, basically it behaves like Dense Vegetation, but I would definitely have to add it to Forestry and Terraforming and the Juggernaut crushing woods it drives over.

I like the look anyway. The Tropical version in particular reminded me of the Steppe terrain from AoW 1.

I think the Pines look a bit weird, but it can barely be changed, it’s the exact same trees just have a less “solid” look because the background is brighter (less trees less shadows)

Volcanic and Blighted may get some improvements, due to the fog / similar colors the thin vegetation barely looks different atm.

Charlatan

That being said, making a new Theme and re-creating the ingame trees was a massive amount of work, including figuring random trickery like how to tell a model without rig/skeleton to move, and Trial-And-Error vertex coloring some of these trees many times in much-hated-by-me-Maya, to fit them to the vanilla ones.

I will take a break from complex Terrain Additions for a bit, meaning topics like the RMG and other new tiles that have to be fit to all 5 (now 6) Themes will have to wait for a bit.

For now I will make the Tundra liked and disliked by both races and modders, by finalizing it (still needs roads) scanning for bugs, and fixing further details like terraforming. Also looking into the mountains Taykor mentioned.

Decodence will probably get at least one more new Theme, it may be much simpler in comparison, though.

Taykor

Mountains have an own Datafield for “Cluster Type” telling them to behave as they do when a 3hex sized bunch meets. Removing this, and tweaking the rest… it should be possible yes.

Understood. But I asked about a bit different thing. Two things, actually. First, about mountain decoration (it’s a visual type of them, there are three of them now: Peaks, Round tops and Plateau) which looks like earth mound from diggable walls and without any clustering for simplicity, yes. And second, for diggable walls without clustering in these terms, so every hex looks like edge hex.
    But I guess I now know where to look for clustering option, thanks.

Charlatan

Understood. But I asked about a bit different thing.

It’s the same answer though 😮

The underground walls are technically a visual mountain type, it should be possible to copy them and remove the clustering and make them available for both underground and surface, resulting in a mountain type you can dig and doesn’t create solid walls, always using the “edge” part, which should suit both questions ?

Charlatan

Decodence is updated to 1.40 !

Jester Caps for everyone!

Terra-formable Tundra!

Light Forests !

…just no Like/Hate for Tundra yet, and no “Tundra Empire” spell.

Chewster

This mod is fantastic! I’m loving the work already. I quite like the AoW3 editor, but I’ve felt it was a wee bit on the undernourished side when it comes to decorations and suchlike stuff – all this is wonderful for maps with an RPG vibe to them, and anything with a little bit more distinguished theme really.

I’m going to have a look into it myself (total noob modder, but hey), but I was wondering if there’s any glimmer of an ambition to add some Shadow-Realm themed terrain? I was sad to see it gone from AoW III, if nothing else the void terrain (the Shadow Realm water analogue, I suppose) was fun to use making floating–cosmic-island-world-types of maps in AoWSM. Gonna look into adding some sort of twinkling magic star-field-decor as well.

Anyway, gonna play around with the editor now. Again, this is awesome work!

Viewing 30 posts - 61 through 90 (of 297 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.