[MOD] Decodence – Map-Editor Content and Leader Customizations

We’ve moved over to the paradox forums. Please come visit us there to discuss:
You can still read the collective wisdom - and lolz - of the community here, but posting is no longer possible.

Home Forums Modding and Map Making [MOD] Decodence – Map-Editor Content and Leader Customizations

This topic contains 296 replies, has 32 voices, and was last updated by  Charlatan 6 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 30 posts - 91 through 120 (of 297 total)
  • Author

Charlatan

I’m going to have a look into it myself (total noob modder, but hey), but I was wondering if there’s any glimmer of an ambition to add some Shadow-Realm themed terrain?

Thanks for the kind words – I wanted to surprise people with it actually, but yes, a complete new map layer beside surface and underground, featuring a full Shadowrealm theme and Shadowportals as Structures was what I planned to be the final thing I make for Decodence someday 😛

I will not, however, re-create Syrons and Shadowdemons as whole races.

ten9

Hello Charlatan,

Thanks for making all this great stuff!
    Other people can use your stuff to build great maps!

I have a request that can also add to rpg-style maps:

The circus tent as a recruit site and a prison.

What do you think?

Charlatan

Heya Ten9,

that’s a good thought – shouldn’t be a lot of work and feels fresh, gonna add it to the list 🙂

Thariorn

and a prison.

Don’t we already have a prison?

It’s the good’ol Dungeon (Which is carrying over the prison aesthetic from AoW I and II/SM)

So Circus for Freak(Monsters)? aswell as happiness/unhappniess & Gold if in domain?

Charlatan

I agree to Thariorn there, though I may sometime find a concept for something more eccentric (Mountain-Fortress-Prison, Offshore-Ocean-Platform-Prison ?)

Before this and the Circus Tent, however, comes a Dreadnought Foundry treasure site, as requested in the early mod suggestion topic.

That circus, though. Gloweye and I made a mod extending Corrupt The Source to corrupt more structures, I could make a corrupted circus to allow recruiting monsters instead of animals.

ElderDays

Any chance of seeing some dwarf flavored terrain? Pillars statues and maybe some masonry cave walls?

Also awesome work. I am absolutely subbing this mod.

Charlatan

Any chance of seeing some dwarf flavored terrain? Pillars statues and maybe some masonry cave walls?

I’m still looking into somehow sorting the objects in the Editor, once I find a solution there I’d gladly add walls like the existing ones for each race, and similar probs.

I kept pondering masoned cave walls… hm…

Thariorn

I kept pondering masoned cave walls… hm…

One version of carved out (Underground)Halls HSould be enough and would fit into the standard subterranian theme, nor?

still looking into somehow sorting the objects in the Editor

Adding Subgroups didn’t work as hoped?

Charlatan

Adding Subgroups didn’t work as hoped?

Nay, but if Zaskow’s experiments work out, it might well work in the end 😮
    http://aow.triumph.net/forums/topic/possible-exploit-lets-to-add-your-own-categories-in-rpks/

Charlatan

A preview of the upcoming Autumn Theme !

The colors are still prone to change

Gloweye

Once again, looks good. Maybe a bit more red in the mix?

Charlatan

Can try, it previously looked quite rusty before and reduced the red a lot.

Taykor

A preview of the upcoming Autumn Theme !

Very good. Though I’m sure that firtrees never become orange (at least except they are dead and dry).

Charlatan

Firs don’t, they become yellowish then the needles become brown and dry.

Pines turn the same orange as other trees though, at least here in Austria 😛
    Although they still stay green longer than the rest, may incorporate that.

Pine

Taykor

Firs don’t, they become yellowish then the needles become brown and dry.

Yes, and then they fall. They don’t stay unless on a branch which was broken off a tree and got dry. At least most of the time.

Pines turn the same orange as other trees though, at least here in Austria

I’m pretty sure they shouldn’t.
    You have awfully wrong pines and firs in Austria! =(

😛

Well, I guess, that world could have any colour of trees you like. Even purple. =)

Gloweye

Well, I was thinking more about a kind of sharp red, as if just the occasional tree. It’s always a weird sight if you have an authumn forest and suddenly such an american oak in between:

American Oak

Teehon

I think it would be good to have a bit of green and yellow as well. Never seen a forest that is all orange.

Other than that, super cool!

Charlatan

I improved the autumn forests to deviate further into green and yellow and red, and began on dwarven architecture like the existing walls, but with pillars and a masoned cavern wall. Also didn’t forget the Circus Tent.

For what’s on my mind beyond that, let me leave those pictures here:

Gloweye

I improved the autumn forests to deviate further into green and yellow and red, and began on dwarven architecture like the existing walls, but with pillars and a masoned cavern wall. Also didn’t forget the Circus Tent.

For what’s on my mind beyond that, let me leave those pictures here:
    (snip)

Sounds like a plan. Want me to have a look as to what I can do with quest generation? I don’t know much yet, but I hope there might be possibilities.

Teehon

Whoah! I am a big follower of the Spirit of War, I built his shrines in so many cities 🙂

What is your plan?

Charlatan

Whoah! I am a big follower of the Spirit of War, I built his shrines in so many cities 🙂

What is your plan?

I followed all except order, BFF with Nature though ^^

I rarely ever have an actual plan, much improvisation.

For now, I plan to make “neglected” shrines for the spirits as visit structures, showing they are still around and still reward their disciples. Once that is done, (will take a while, these should be detailed work) I’ll gladly collaborate with Gloweye if he’s up, to bring these back.

Sorry, Allfather, but you are way too monotone 😛

Taykor

Promising. Intriguing. Mystifying. Acceptable. Waiting for a result.

Gloweye

For now, I plan to make “neglected” shrines for the spirits as visit structures, showing they are still around and still reward their disciples. Once that is done, (will take a while, these should be detailed work) I’ll gladly collaborate with Gloweye if he’s up, to bring these back.

I think we can do that. What kind of rewards were you thinking about for what kind of actions? (Or let me know through messaging/uploading a document somewhere)

Taykor

I think we can do that. What kind of rewards were you thinking about for what kind of actions? (Or let me know through messaging/uploading a document somewhere)

Is it possible to use casting of spells as facts/requirements for quests? Just hunting infidels and razing structures towers always seemed lacking. Especially for the Spirit of magic.

Charlatan

Decodence 1.50 is a larger update compared to the previous ones once again, and will take a while longer.

It will not yet include the Abandoned Shrines, but many of the requests I got recently, the Autumn Theme, and a new Accessoire, possibly more.

Here’s a first look at the Accessoire, it’s a new variant of the Hood:

Tombles
    Keymaster

Charlatan, can you flip to the Open Beta branch and double chack your RMG issue is fixed?

Charlatan

Sure thing, on it.

Due to the unstable nature of the crash, sometimes not appearing at all, I will now generate 10 XL RMG maps.

Charlatan

After 10 XL RMG Maps the GCMaterialHexCellData.cpp related crash never happened, nice!

However, in 4 out of 10 RMG Maps the EHeap.cpp related crash still appeared 🙁

EDIT: 20 more XL RMG Maps created, the error didn’t appear, strange.

http://www.charlatan.at/Images/AOW3/Crash%2016.10.%20RGM/

Tombles
    Keymaster

That error means you’re running out of memory I’m afraid. Which mods do you actually have installed when you’re running these tests?

You, Tibbles and iHunterKiller have all made mods that add a lot of new content into the game, and eventually memory issues are going to surface.

Charlatan

When I am testing I disable all other content mods except the one to be tested. In this case the only packages active were my Decodence Pack, and my Campaign, since it’s no mod. All together the custom content there sums up to 20mb archived, roughly 30mb as raw .dae and .dds.

I am not sure, but I think tabbing out / using steam overlay during the loading screen especially provoked this error.

EDIT:
    It is vital for us modders to find some way to estimate the leeway we have in terms of memory, because otherwise we actually reach the dead end soon 😐 so may I ask a few questions?

=> This isn’t the same as the infamous 32bit RAM issue, right? Because AOW3.exe was merely using 1700-1800 RAM during these tests, and levelEd-made-maps using twice that much run fine for me.

=> Everything I made is basically non existent in RMG maps, since it doesn’t use my themes or Decorations. At maximum the only new content in these tests was 1 Leader Accessoire smaller than 1MB in mesh and texture data. Why would it still ruin the RMG map?

Viewing 30 posts - 91 through 120 (of 297 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.