[MOD] Decodence – Map-Editor Content and Leader Customizations

We’ve moved over to the paradox forums. Please come visit us there to discuss:
You can still read the collective wisdom - and lolz - of the community here, but posting is no longer possible.

Home Forums Modding and Map Making [MOD] Decodence – Map-Editor Content and Leader Customizations

This topic contains 296 replies, has 32 voices, and was last updated by  Charlatan 6 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 30 posts - 151 through 180 (of 297 total)
  • Author

Teehon

Cool as always! But a stone hammer looks weird, it seems like a very brittle structure.

Had exactly the same thought, the head looks too heavy to be supported by a thin shaft.
    Flipping would fix it.

The architecture is superb!

Charlatan

Okay here to satisfy the stress analysts 😛

And there is a new Decoration added, a fountain with animated water splash 🙂

Thariorn

Just wow ~

Charlatan

Outstanding Requests:

I am quite sure I missed/forgot some requests and/or future plans. I will list those I remember, please re-post requests if I missed any :>

=> Old Spirit Shrines (Shrines)
    => Circus Tent (Recruitment Site)
    => Pilot Glasses (Accessoire)
    => More Slimy Tombles Tomb
    => Vengeance Update Part 2 (Treasure Sites)
    => Dreadnaught Foundry (Treasure Site)
    => A new Prison (Treasure Site)

Thariorn

You fogort the whole
    => All models needed for a fullf ledged Lizardmen Race with Frog mounted riders and turtle mounted siege weaponry
    😛

ten9

The new prison could also be a recruitment site with all kinds of bad-asses.

Centurion-X

All models needed for a fullf ledged Lizardmen Race with Frog mounted riders and turtle mounted siege weaponry

Thariorn, You really think this is how to model buildings? It is not easy, I will say from my own experience, there are problems with the animation of these creatures!

p. s. For example: frog should move through the jumping – no one creature of the game does not have a similar animation!

p. s. Translation difficulties: лягушка должна передвигаться прыжками – ни одно из существ игры не имеет пока схожей анимации!

Teehon

I always liked the Crystal Mine from Unofficial Patch for AoW2. It was basically a gold mine but with blue crystals instead of gold and it gave +20 gold. Or a mythril mine would be cool as well, basically an alternative to the Ziggurat.

ElderDays

I always liked the Crystal Mine from Unofficial Patch for AoW2. It was basically a gold mine but with blue crystals instead of gold and it gave +20 gold. Or a mythril mine would be cool as well, basically an alternative to the Ziggurat.

I had plans to make a couple new mine types down the road but I likely wouldn’t be doing much to them visually.

-Iron mine: gives half production half gold of normal mine output
    -Gem mine: half gold half mana
    -Coal mine: +5 production

ten9

I loved the Mithril mine and adamentium mine in Master of Magic that gave you a special attack or defense bonus for units produced in the nearest city.

Charlatan

p. s. For example: frog should move through the jumping – no one creature of the game does not have a similar animation!

Unfortunately that is indeed a problem there :/

Most Lizardman IMO could be done by taking Tigran Prowler Animations – the hunch-back stance, the tail, it should work fine.

Alas, I did not (yet?) delve into humanoid rigged units, only simpler things atm like machines.

I always liked the Crystal Mine from Unofficial Patch for AoW2

-Iron mine: gives half production half gold of normal mine output
    -Gem mine: half gold half mana
    -Coal mine: +5 production

Hey I really like the idea of making different mines, It may be problematic because it is animated (doubt we have the rig) but I can surely improvise something

Centurion-X

Most Lizardman IMO could be done by taking Tigran Prowler Animations – the hunch-back stance, the tail, it should work fine.

Comrade Charlatan, You are doing a great job! I also think to go the same way (to use separate elements from current races of nagas, draconians and tigrans! And yet I too still trying to work with only the machines! 🙂

Charlatan

The next update of Decodence will focus on actual Landscape! Among other things, there will be a waterfall.

Comrade Charlatan, You are doing a great job!

Thanks, I actually think you will get your beloved Lizardmen someday 😉 People just have to work together.

Centurion-X

People just have to work together.

Thank You for the golden words !!!!!

Teehon

I loved the Mithril mine and adamentium mine in Master of Magic that gave you a special attack or defense bonus for units produced in the nearest city.

And it’s fully possible in AoW3 with its amazing MCU system!

Charlatan

There’s actually an unused mithril Variant of the Goldmine ingame already, but not used.

Charlatan

Decodence will soon receive another update!

Here’s a preview:

Yes there are waterfalls on Volcanic and Arctic Mountains there and they will stay that way! Don’t you dare bring logic into it, @taykor, you little scamp 😉

Gloweye

Lava Fall on volcanic? Just a weird idea.

Looks great BTW.

Thariorn

Wow.

I take it the rocky archway does NOT count as mountain terrain?

Or are those archways decorations?

Charlatan

Gloweye

Lava Fall on volcanic? Just a weird idea.

Good point!

I take it the rocky archway does NOT count as mountain terrain?

They are Decorations, but they are made to blend in with two Round Mountains, one at each end.

In fact you should put a Round Mountain “under” it’s ends, because one of them tells the Rock Arc which terrain theme to use!

If Decorations could have preferences, I’d make the fresh water fountain hated for goblins right away 😛

Taykor

Yes there are waterfalls on Volcanic and Arctic Mountains there and they will stay that way! Don’t you dare bring logic into it, @taykor, you little scamp

Well, I’ll do it anyway! 😛
    Why should all water be evaporated/frozen in Volcanic/Arctic terrains? It’s much harder to freeze running water, by the way. So I’m actually fine with these. =)
    Excellent work, by the way!
    And yes, you can sligthly vary colours of shaders/textures (?) for waterfalls depending on a terrain type. If you want.

Charlatan

So I’m actually fine with these. =)

Screenshoted O_O

=P

Teehon

By the way, Charlatan, are you interested in making blighted/dirty/bloody rivers? I don’t know if possible to mod, but a lot of people showed interest before. Clean rivers in the heart of blighted land seems strange

Charlatan

Decodence for now has an experimental update making it fully compatible with the RMG !

However.

New themes do not have a Slider Option in the RMG Advanced Options. They are automatically given maximum priority.

To get well balanced maps just set all Terrain Theme Sliders (Temperate, Tropical, Arctic, Volcanic, Blighted) to maximum in the Advanced Settings.

By the way, Charlatan, are you interested in making blighted/dirty/bloody rivers? I don’t know if possible to mod, but a lot of people showed interest before. Clean rivers in the heart of blighted land seems strange

There are rivers? Ah, the shallow water? Hm…. could be tricky, but worth a look !

Teehon

What are the problems with the tactical combat? I wanted to try the new version in RMG but got scared reading that

Shiara384

Teehon, its mostly just no graphics, check the screenshot in the thread, really.

Teehon

Teehon, its mostly just no graphics, check the screenshot in the thread, really.

Didn’t find any screenshots… What do you mean?

Thariorn

What do you mean?

It’s just that there are no tactical combat map TEXTURES for Charlatan’s new biomes/terrain themes/climates/we so any tactical combat map which would feature its terrain (think about fighting a gold mine in the artic and its combat map should be all snowy etc.) shows up in a blank proo of concept way where any terrain texture is missing.

They still appear to be fully functional, as structure relevance (e.g. the little tens, cart racks etc. of the gold mine) still exists on the map.

Charlatan

What are the problems with the tactical combat? I wanted to try the new version in RMG but got scared reading that

No need to be scared, the problem is clearly just visual. The lack of Screenshots was my fault, here we go:

I’ve got colored “rivers” (shallow water) now, but there is zero blend between two different colors, so using multiple colors in one body of water would be a bad idea. I may find a solution.

It’s just that there are no tactical combat map TEXTURES for Charlatan’s new biomes/terrain themes/climates/we so any tactical combat map which would feature its terrain (think about fighting a gold mine in the artic and its combat map should be all snowy etc.) shows up in a blank proo of concept way where any terrain texture is missing.

That is exactly the problem, and up to now I saw no chance to get them working. Made a new topic for that, however.

Teehon

Man, that really is a shame… I hope Triumph will be willing to cooperate on this one. I mean, additional themes would be a big thing if fully implemented.

I’ve got colored “rivers” (shallow water) now, but there is zero blend between two different colors, so using multiple colors in one body of water would be a bad idea. I may find a solution.

Is there a way to connect them to surrounding terrain, for example green shallow water only if inside blighted?

Viewing 30 posts - 151 through 180 (of 297 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.