[MOD] Decodence – Map-Editor Content and Leader Customizations

We’ve moved over to the paradox forums. Please come visit us there to discuss:
You can still read the collective wisdom - and lolz - of the community here, but posting is no longer possible.

Home Forums Modding and Map Making [MOD] Decodence – Map-Editor Content and Leader Customizations

This topic contains 296 replies, has 32 voices, and was last updated by  Charlatan 6 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 30 posts - 181 through 210 (of 297 total)
  • Author

Charlatan

Is there a way to connect them to surrounding terrain, for example green shallow water only if inside blighted?

Yes, but the ability for water to react on terraform / heart of (theme) I’ll only add if I can find a way to blend it in better, at the moment it would create a total color mess if not under editor control.

Charlatan

The new Water Colors WIP:

Thariorn

es, but the ability for water to react on terraform / heart of (theme) I’ll only add if I can find a way to blend it in better, at the moment it would create a total color mess if not under editor control.

Most likely you’ll have to create every possible combination as seperate water tiles which would result in these being only really usebale in a beatiful sort of way) if you handcraft a map :/

But maybe I’m jsut too pessimistic with this one

Charlatan

But maybe I’m jsut too pessimistic with this one

Pessimism is the proper stance allowing you to seek solutions to actual problems and solve them.

So that’s fine :>

Optimism only deludes you, to think everything is fine, no matter the situation.

con1k

Please excuse the german:
    Grüß dich Scharlatan, ich bin ein wiener AoW-Fan. Ich habe versucht dir eine pn zu senden, habe aber keine Möglichkeit gefunden. Ich habe dir jetzt eine Anfrage auf Steam geschickt. Mein Steamname ist con1k oder Heinrichst. Nur damit du weisst wer sich da meldet 🙂

Charlatan

Please excuse the german:
    Grüß dich Scharlatan, ich bin ein wiener AoW-Fan. Ich habe versucht dir eine pn zu senden, habe aber keine Möglichkeit gefunden. Ich habe dir jetzt eine Anfrage auf Steam geschickt. Mein Steamname ist con1k oder Heinrichst. Nur damit du weisst wer sich da meldet 🙂

Accepted / Angenommen 😉

Charlatan

Decodence is now uploaded to the AOW3 Nexus for the GoG people:

http://www.nexusmods.com/ageofwonders3/?
    http://www.nexusmods.com/ageofwonders3/mods/8/?

Charlatan

Another contribution is ready! Whew, this one took longer than expected, and like the others it will likely receive upgraded visuals in time.

@ravenholme

Name: The Home of Ravens
    Description: This mysterious tower stands long abandoned, only the eerie voices of countless ravens surround it, tempting the reckless towards it’s forgotten secrets.

Ravenholme

That looks absolutely wonderful, I’d definitely live there 😛

Thariorn

Description: This mysterious tower stands long abandoned, only the eerie voices of countless ravens surround it, tempting the reckless towards it’s forgotten secrets.

Let me guess, every possible adventure is 6 Grimbeak Crows aswell as a site enchatment which summons a random amount of crows each turn? 😛

Looks goodamn good btw.

Charlatan

Let me guess, every possible adventure is 6 Grimbeak Crows aswell as a site enchatment which summons a random amount of crows each turn? 😛

Looks goodamn good btw.

More !
    Many more !

And it is Nuclear Ravens FROM HELL !

Gloweye

Damnit. The lack of combat map editing is starting to show.

Charlatan

Damnit. The lack of combat map editing is starting to show.

I used the Forbidden Sanctum, should be nice to reflect it’s interiors.

Charlatan

This has been delayed long enough. I gotta say, I’ve had enough of these m………… Shadowborn on this m………… Athla.

So I gave them their home back:

MartyD81

@charlatan

Shadow Realm? Where did you dig it up from, I have not noticed anything like that in the editor… Anyway, will it be usable as another layer in the RMG? Thanks in advance.

Charlatan

Shadow Realm? Where did you dig it up from, I have not noticed anything like that in the editor… Anyway, will it be usable as another layer in the RMG? Thanks in advance.

I didn’t dig it up, I created it myself 😉

and It may be. If so the option is hard-code tied to “Underground: yes/no” when creating the RMG

Shiara384

Now the game needs Syrons and Shadow Demons.

quo

Wow that shadow terrain is gorgeous.

HousePet

Awesome looking shadow realm terrain. Got any void?

While I’m here, may I suggest a Magic Rift style dungeon. Making it turn into a suitable node after capture might not be feasible and it overlaps with mana nodes anyway. So how about having it as an npc spawner for elementals and sprites? Clearing it would give rewards of mana and casting points.

Charlatan

Got any void?

Yes, but it looks a bit odd atm, the black water used in the screens above is better for now.

But I’ll keep looking into the void (until it stares back)

That Magic Rift could be fun, may think up a concept for how to make it look 😉

Thariorn

That Magic Rift could be fun, may think up a concept for how to make it look

If you can do this with the CreatorEd:
    Take a “natiral” cave exit/entry as base, flip the Eldricht Pit 90° and let it overlap with the opening of the cave entrace then in the same fashion add the mana curent of e.g. the simple mana node and finally play around with saturation/color a bit.

Ig uess that could look good…but you’ll probably come up with something less clunky and far better looking anwyway 😛

Charlatan

D: 90° by x or z in this case I guess?

It’s a good point, though limiting it to be a “horizontal” entry into some solid point (Mountain?)

or… I pick that whole thing and mirror it a second time along the same axis, in a oval shape… or cross oval shape with many “entrances” to the rift…hm…

Gah, other requests come first in the list anyway 😉

Gloweye

But I’ll keep looking into the void (until it stares back)

How about just taking the impassable mountain clouds, and coloring them dark blue? Make a rough edge instead of mountain one…

Sartarius

Charlatan! Every. Single. Thing!
    You created is absolutely outstanding! I appreciate other modders work also but things you are doing are absolutely essential imo and I am looking for user-created content based on your mod.

Charlatan

Charlatan! Every. Single. Thing!

I am all ? 😀
    Thanks.

@everyone
    Void will take a bit, we cannot really create new lava and water easily and it’s a lot of Trial and Error.

Of course, I will release what I have once it’s compatibility with future versions is ensured anyway, even if it retains visual flaws.

Charlatan

Decodence will take a while until the next update, I am working on the new Terrain now using Tactical Maps.

I’m already at the point they got ground textures at least.

It seems all doable but involves an immense amount of copy/paste re-link.

Teehon

This is AMAZING news!
    So, the new structures you added will have their own tactical combat maps as well? Man, can’t wait!

Charlatan

Decodence is Updated to 1.60 !

Shadowrealm Layer + Terrain 🙂

Also the Autumn, Tundra and Shadowrealm for now use duplicates of Temperate, Arctic, Blighted.

This is AMAZING news!
    So, the new structures you added will have their own tactical combat maps as well? Man, can’t wait!

Maybe 😀 It’s a bit optimistic tho, creating completely new Tactical Combat Maps for Structures is not well explored yet and MIGHT not work at all, but we usually find a way. We always do. (o_o)

Teehon

Decodence is Updated to 1.60 !

Shadowrealm Layer + Terrain :)

Also the Autumn, Tundra and Shadowrealm for now use duplicates of Temperate, Arctic, Blighted.

This is AMAZING news!

Maybe 😀 It’s a bit optimistic tho, creating completely new Tactical Combat Maps for Structures is not well explored yet and MIGHT not work at all, but we usually find a way. We always do. (o_o)

And copying existing tactical maps and just replacing a few elements?

Gloweye

And copying existing tactical maps and just replacing a few elements?

It’s easy to replace an obstacle, or to do so based on terrain type or something. However, new tactical maps is in progress pretty much now. Currently, trying to check what we can do with environment sets and such. It’s gonna be a huge help if we can apply those at will.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=548554823

For example, is the WIP for the Tactical Combat map for the Well of Life.

Viewing 30 posts - 181 through 210 (of 297 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.