[MOD] Decodence – Map-Editor Content and Leader Customizations

We’ve moved over to the paradox forums. Please come visit us there to discuss:
You can still read the collective wisdom - and lolz - of the community here, but posting is no longer possible.

Home Forums Modding and Map Making [MOD] Decodence – Map-Editor Content and Leader Customizations

This topic contains 296 replies, has 32 voices, and was last updated by  Charlatan 6 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 30 posts - 211 through 240 (of 297 total)
  • Author

Charlatan

For example, is the WIP for the Tactical Combat map for the Well of Life.

Yah that is our other experiment right now.
    We WILL find a solution, just no idea yet how 😉

Charlatan

Decodence has been reverted to the previous, 1.57, because it seems adding a new Layer causes an assertion similar to the failsafe we had when adding new Themes!

I’ll open a new topic for that soon.

Charlatan

The fixed old version is on the workshop again !

Charlatan

Current Experiments btw: Sculpting.

There just has to be a good reason why this was limited from the start. Of course I will not include it in Decodence before I find this reason, as it may be problematic.

But this is what I got, see the third image. The small hill to the Right is default Sculpting, the Hill to the Left is what’s roughly possible without errors.

Thariorn

There just has to be a good reason why this was limited from the start. Of course I will not include it in Decodence before I find this reason, as it may be problematic.

Well, “unlocked” sculpting really is far more intense then the vanilla sculpting, hopefully there’s no extreme reason why it was limited

Charlatan

Decodence is now 1.61 again !

Shadowrealms for everyone!

Well, “unlocked” sculpting really is far more intense then the vanilla sculpting, hopefully there’s no extreme reason why it was limited

I noticed it hits RMG maps HARD.
    …but in a good way. RMG maps must have masochist tendencies.

It looks… like it now has many random hills? Gonna grab a few screenshots to post here soon.

Charlatan

I encourage everyone to post screens of maps using the new features – I gotta admit I don’t really grasp the new extent of possibilities yet myself ^^;

For example, I didn’t even intend to make it possible to create unicorn-littered rainbow lands with bubblegum water but yeah. We got that now. Wee. ._.

Flenoom

So beautiful…

Charlatan

Awesome looking shadow realm terrain. Got any void?

I recently improved the “Void” tile in the re-established Shadowrealm Layer Update, it’s way more eerie than the previous.

Also Decodence adds a Circus Recruitment Site now, as seen in the Mod Request Topic.

Moving to another small-scale work: the Dreadnaught Foundry Treasure Site.

ten9

Thanks for making the circus tent!

Charlatan

Thanks for making the circus tent!

Was that your request ? 😀 I forgot, no offense.

No problem ^^

Charlatan

I’m still taking it easy on Decodence, but small updates are bound to come in. What will be next is Eyecolors, Haircolors, the aforementioned Circus and Foundry Recruitment/Treasure Sites (which are all done already) and more colored Glows as decoration objects.

The more natural colors here are mainly made to just appear more intense, the lower half is demonic/magically influenced and has a black sclera (the usually white part of the eyes)

There is an easter egg here for those who know the Dragonlance book series, or the Krynn Setting of D&D 😀

Charlatan

Another update for Decodence is in the works, this time separate race houses as requested by Tanuith. The Human ones are already done beside a little shadowing problem:

[url)http://www.charlatan.at/Images/AOWArray/Decodence/Showcase_HousesHumanArrayArray.jpg][/url]
    [url)http://www.charlatan.at/Images/AOWArray/Decodence/Showcase_HousesHumanArrayArray.jpg][/url]

Charlatan

Another Sneak Preview:

Gloweye

Those wings…..I want those wings…*drools*

Charlatan

Those wings…..I want those wings…*drools*

These two only come in a mischievous and lascivious blood-thirsty package sorry.

esvath

Oh my! Those wings!!!

Charlatan, do you have plan to split Decodence into smaller mods? I’d love to use the leader cosmetic changes and new visit structures but unsure whether my underspec-ed laptop can handle your full mod…

Gloweye

My underspeccer can actually do it.

Charlatan

Oh my! Those wings!!!

Charlatan, do you have plan to split Decodence into smaller mods? I’d love to use the leader cosmetic changes and new visit structures but unsure whether my underspec-ed laptop can handle your full mod…

Short Version:

I’ve been thinking of separating the leader customization part a few times, the downside is that everyone who used them before, then has to set the leaders up again, that’d suck a bit. The upside is that the leader items and editor improvements would become independent.

However, Gloweye is right. In fact, Decodence should have zero impact on your performance unless you play a map where it is heavily used or you create leaders with the new items. I also used Textures that are already ingame whenever fit.

In Detail:

The full memory load of Decodence is merely around 50mb and should only be present in the Editor – in the actual game it will only load what is present, which will basically only be parts of it.

As for strain on the CPU / Graphic, my models are very similar to the vanilla ones there.

Merely the visit sites from the contributor pack (Sword of Ashen Rose, Grauth’s Flame, Raven’s Home, Tomb of Les the Almighty) are somewhat higher in complexity but no more than just 1 more hero unit.

Currently, Decodence does not force any decorations/structures/effects to your base game at all unless you decide to use them – it does however add the Tundra and Autumn themes to the RMG, due to popular demand.

• This reply was modified 6 years, 6 months ago by  Charlatan.

Charlatan

A small note for everyone who will search for the wings once the next update of Decodence comes:

The wings will not be an Accessoire but a > Body < type for each class.

This ensures you still have full access to all options while still being able to get wings.

Unfortunately this also means I have to set up roughly 400 entries in the mod editor (one for every combination of gender, race and class) and this update will take quite a while.

The good news is you probably get a second type of wings later ^^

Charlatan

Guys and Girls, I have a little surprise for you.

The Decodence Mod will, with the next update, restore 3 previously unused Leader Outfits that were left in the Data:

esvath

However, Gloweye is right. In fact, Decodence should have zero impact on your performance unless you play a map where it is heavily used or you create leaders with the new items. I also used Textures that are already ingame whenever fit.

Oh, this is nice!

One more question: does Decodence automatically include the visit structures to RMG?

Charlatan

Oh, this is nice!

One more question: does Decodence automatically include the visit structures to RMG?

Not yet, I could add them however.

I remember some mistake from earlier littered the world with Tombles Tombs once xD

esvath

If you can include the visit structures for RMG maps, that’d be great!

Hi Charlatan, could you also make a version of Decodence without the Tundra and Autumn tileset in the RMG? Really loving these two, but the fact that I can’t decide how much of them I will have in a random map is not ideal, and I’d prefer to have them only in custom maps.

Charlatan

Hi Charlatan, could you also make a version of Decodence without the Tundra and Autumn tileset in the RMG? Really loving these two, but the fact that I can’t decide how much of them I will have in a random map is not ideal, and I’d prefer to have them only in custom maps.

Yes, I agree the missing ability to set their amount is annoying, though if you set everything to maximum it is balanced again.

I’ll have to check out how I will do this, If I can just copy the whole thing, I will make this a second mod that upgrades Decodence to RMG.

Otherwise I’ll have to make two separate mods, do note that these two will not be compatible together then !

Sadly in both versions it is likely all players involved will have to restart open RMG games then >.<

Gloweye

Yes, I agree the missing ability to set their amount is annoying, though if you set everything to maximum it is balanced again.

I’ll have to check out how I will do this, If I can just copy the whole thing, I will make this a second mod that upgrades Decodence to RMG.

Otherwise I’ll have to make two separate mods, do note that these two will not be compatible together then !

Sadly in both versions it is likely all players involved will have to restart open RMG games then >.<

as long as you’re only removing them from the RMG, you should be able to continue the games AFAIK. The RMG sections of a mod are only loaded when you’re actually using it. You might have to keep the RPK open though.

Say, you put any thought into that offer I made a while ago? I could make a mod that stuffs everything added by Decodence into the RMG, as well as prefab abilities like Light Vegetation walking etc, probably also with a (again, seperate) patch to give them a conservative spread among the base units. The top level would need to be separate again due to potential incompatibilities with many other mods. I could have them both online by wednesday.

Thank you!

Charlatan

@salvo-uan-kebaldo

The separation was done and it seems to work splendidly, as soon as we can be sure, I’ll add it.

@everyone

In the next update, Decodence will be split into two mods

1. Decodence – Editor and Leader Customization Collection
    2. Decodence – RMG Integration Patch

FAQ:

=> Which of these do I use in what situation?
    – If you want Decodence features to appear in RMG you use both.
    – If you only want Decodence for the Leader Options / Custom Maps, you only use “Decodence – Editor and Leader Customization Collection”
    Don’t use the patch alone, it will not work, logically. The “RMG Integration Patch” works just like a small addon onto the base mod.

=> Will my ongoing RMG games still work?
    I just tried this with my own RMG games – Your ongoing RMG games should work without any problems, no matter if you use the RMG Integration Patch or not.

=> What about my custom maps?
    The RMG Settings have nothing to do with scenarios and campaigns. The existing Decodence features will remain unchanged.

Charlatan

The wings are finally trimmed to all 9 Races, the same goes mostly for the unused Leader Outfits: only a scarce few exceptions persist: Halfling don’t have the Variant 04 Theocrat Robe.

the single houses / districts are at 3/9 races

Expect an update to Decodence soon ^^

Viewing 30 posts - 211 through 240 (of 297 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.