[MOD] Decodence – Map-Editor Content and Leader Customizations

We’ve moved over to the paradox forums. Please come visit us there to discuss:
You can still read the collective wisdom - and lolz - of the community here, but posting is no longer possible.

Home Forums Modding and Map Making [MOD] Decodence – Map-Editor Content and Leader Customizations

This topic contains 296 replies, has 32 voices, and was last updated by  Charlatan 6 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 30 posts - 241 through 270 (of 297 total)
  • Author

Charlatan

Another little addition.
    This one may offend the image of typical fantasy settings for a bunch of people, but well who cares.

• This reply was modified 6 years, 6 months ago by  Charlatan.

rpgllama

Even though there are so many awesome things in this mod, I haven’t downloaded it on Steam, and probably won’t, because it has gone beyond its original “raison d’etre” and now changes too much.

I wholeheartedly agree with the earlier post that recommends that you split this mod out into its separate component parts. It might be a bit of a fuss for those who are currently subscribed, but I think it’s the right way to do things in the long run.

One of the great frustrations I have – not just with your mod, or this game, but generally on the Steam workshop – is that I like the look of 90% of a mod’s content but cannot bring myself to download it because of the 10% that I don’t want, particularly if that 10% is nothing to do with the main focus of the mod.

Please at least consider splitting out the non-leader-customisation elements into separate mod files. 🙂 It makes your portfolio more dynamic and gives users a better choice of which content they want to use.

Charlatan

I wholeheartedly agree with the earlier post that recommends that you split this mod out into its separate component parts.

I have to correct you there – nobody suggested this before. Esvath was worried that his computer couldn’t take the full load, which will not be a problem. SALVO uan keBALDO wanted the RMG component to be an optional patch, which will be added soon.

Even though there are so many awesome things in this mod, I haven’t downloaded it on Steam, and probably won’t, because it has gone beyond its original “raison d’etre” and now changes too much.

I also have to disagree here – Decodence does not change anything at all, all the components are optional and voluntary, the base game will not use any of them.

Please at least consider splitting out the non-leader-customisation elements into separate mod files. 🙂 It makes your portfolio more dynamic and gives users a better choice of which content they want to use.

I’d gladly look into it, I also would prefer to split the mod in two: the Editor Part and Leader Part – but it must first be absolutely clear what it does to existing maps.

The game is fail-safe there and only sensitive with custom emblem colors. The Editor might not be.

Charlatan

The RMG Integration Patch is now online by the generous courtesy of fellow Athlian Scholar Gloweye!

Grab it while it’s hot :>

Gloweye

The <span class=”d4pbbc-underline” style=”text-decoration: underline;”>RMG Integration Patch</span> is now online by the generous courtesy of fellow Athlian Scholar Gloweye!

But don’t worry, I’ve never seen anyone burn his hands on it. Yet.

If there’s anything wrong with the RMG and that patch, let me know. Compatibility with Corrupt the Source – Extensions is in progress, most likely coming online somewhere tomorrow. (seperate file though. To bad Steam doesn’t allow more options for one workshop entry.)

esvath

The <span class=”d4pbbc-underline” style=”text-decoration: underline;”>RMG Integration Patch</span> is now online by the generous courtesy of fellow Athlian Scholar Gloweye!

Wheeeee!!!! *super excited* Thanks, Charlatan, Gloweye!

So when I use Decodence and RMG Integration Patch, I will have the new structures in random maps AND cool leader customisations, right?

But don’t worry, I’ve never seen anyone burn his hands on it. Yet.

If there’s anything wrong with the RMG and that patch, let me know. Compatibility with Corrupt the Source – Extensions is in progress, most likely coming online somewhere tomorrow. (seperate file though. To bad Steam doesn’t allow more options for one workshop entry.)

I am glad that you decide to do this, Gloweye! I am a big fan of your mod.

Gloweye

So when I use Decodence and RMG Integration Patch, I will have the new structures in random maps AND cool leader customisations, right?

Yes.

I am glad that you decide to do this, Gloweye! I am a big fan of your mod.

Thanks. I figured that it would be best to have them compatible including the RMG. I wanna use them both myself as well 😀

Charlatan

A little update:

Some of the winged outfits were wrongly linked and duplicate, this will be fixed with an upload soon.

The Dwarven Architecture Masoned Walls now have Corner Pieces (Inside corners and outside corners)

Minor bugfixes with the new sculpting heights I experimented with and some adjustment (It should be just fine in RMG now, occasionally making interesting hilly places.

Gloweye

Currently being explored:

Shadow Realm implementation in the Random Map Generator.

Shadow Realm from RMG

A Raven's Home in the Shadow Realm

• This reply was modified 6 years, 6 months ago by  Gloweye.

Bob5

Currently being explored:

Shadow Realm implementation in the Random Map Generator.

Shadow Realm from RMG

A Raven's Home in the Shadow Realm

Looks really nice. Is it an actual separate layer made in the mod editor with a Shadow Sickness modifier?

Gloweye

It’s an actual seperate layer included in Decodence already, completely functional. Everything in there, you could make in the map editor.

All I’m doing is telling the RMG what to do with it.

As for a Shadow Sickness Modifier, that’s yet gonna take some thought. Currently, it’s following UG logic, but with halved sight penalty.

I’m gonna try to include increasing amounts of Void(absent in the game from the above screenshots) when the Undiggable Wall slider increases. Not 100% sure if that’s gonna be a success though.

Charlatan and Gloweye, thank you for your dedication. And with shadow realm in the rmg, I think I’ll give a go to the rmg patch sometimes!

Charlatan

Charlatan and Gloweye, thank you for your dedication. And with shadow realm in the rmg, I think I’ll give a go to the rmg patch sometimes!

You’re welcome – AOW3 deserves the dedication from us all 😉

To be honest I never intended my Shadow Realm to be fit for the RMG, if Gloweye can indeed incorporate this, I will be grateful, and impressed – our options are limited, after all.

However, the Shadowrealm Layer I made for AOW3 should -definitely- include it’s own Shadow Portals – I added this to my work-in-progress and will sooner or later add a Shadow Portal Structure to Decodence

Gloweye

Note that it’s not in there yet. I still gotta fix a few issues. Like for example, adding the extra layer prevents the spawning of cave exits/entrances. Gotta repair stuff like that first.

Note that it’s not in there yet. I still gotta fix a few issues. Like for example, adding the extra layer prevents the spawning of cave exits/entrances. Gotta repair stuff like that first.

Ok, I’ll keep an eye on the topic.

esvath

Oh my! This is fantastic!!! Did I say “I am excited” before? Now quadruple that excitement! Gloweye and Charlatan, you will forever have my thanks for trying to make Shadow Realm is integrated in RMG!

Now, if the integration goes well, Charlatan, are you going to make special structures for Shadow Realm? Aaaaand… maaaaaybe a special building for each Shadow Realm only structure?

(I know I am making too many requests but sorry, I can not hold the excitement!)

Charlatan

(I know I am making too many requests but sorry, I can not hold the excitement!)

It’s okay 😛

I for my part am merely surprised more that more than a few people seem to have missed my Shadowrealm. It’s not exactly a small thing, I dare say.

Gloweye

I think RMG’ing it (introducing a new adverb here) will make it far more visible for most people.:)

Charlatan

Here’s a 2000×1400 picture of the Shadowrealm features, shows the new pieces better than RMG.

No off-
    Actually, indeed offense to your underspeccer, I’m now allowed to do that 😛

• This reply was modified 6 years, 6 months ago by  Charlatan.

Gloweye

I’d take offense from nobody regarding my underspeccer. However, from you I take the greatest Negative amount of offense. 😀

One more week and I’ve got everything I need (and at the right place) to build the machine up.

MartyD81

I think RMG’ing it (introducing a new adverb here) will make it far more visible for most people.:)

Very, very true! BTW: How is your work on the Dark Elves dwelling mod going?

esvath

Oooh… Dark Elves dwelling as natives for the Shadow Realm?

Pretty please?

Yeah, I think putting Shadow Realm and other works at RMG will make them accessible to greater player base, especially those of us who do not touch map Editor at all :p

Gloweye

Dark Elf Dwelling was a seperate project I started. It’s still underway, and I can’t give a timeframe. It will be there in the RMG, though only occuring in the Underground due to the lore I wrote for it. While not official, it’s all a possible logical extension of the official lore while never contradicting it. The dwelling will have all custom dialogue when independent. A small overview can be viewed through the link in my signature, though details will change.

It will at all points be of equal or superior quality to the original dwellings, with the possible exception of balance. To combat this, I will release a beta version where everything is working and where I ask for balance issues. However, I’ll make a specific thread for that, since we’re going a bit off-topic here.

To go back on the topic of Shadow World inhabitants – There’s been a very light brainstorm session on that between me and Charlatan. However, I think that it’s currently a bit off-topic as well, since it’s going to be well beyond the goal of Decodence. We may open a new thread for it, or you can of course do so in the form of a request for Shadow World stuff. General line of thought was one or two races, a dwelling, and possibly a class. Having all that would create a DLC-sized package, with the largest obstacle being time.

Thariorn

However, I think that it’s currently a bit off-topic as well, since it’s going to be well beyond the goal of Decodence. We may open a new thread for it, or you can of course do so in the form of a request for Shadow World stuff. General line of thought was one or two races, a dwelling, and possibly a class. Having all that would create a DLC-sized package, with the largest obstacle being time.

Sorry for going astray then, but jsut a quick thought:
    No non-magical beings or “shadow sickened” animals (e.g. Boar = Shadow Boar similar as how Blight Boar is)

Charlatan

Sorry for going astray then, but jsut a quick thought:
    No non-magical beings or “shadow sickened” animals (e.g. Boar = Shadow Boar similar as how Blight Boar is)

I’m wondering, I get what you are saying, but are you in favor of such shadowy animals, or against them ? 😛

Gloweye

I opened the Shadow Realm thread:

http://aow.triumph.net/forums/topic/shadow-realm-brainstorm/

Feel free to go a bit more off-topic there and suggest some completely different stuff.

As for “shadow altered” animals and stuff, could work. I don’t know if we can import shaders, but if we import them we’ll also be able to attach them to units with unit properties. We could make it a lot like Ghouling in that aspect…

Thariorn

I’m wondering, I get what you are saying, but are you in favor of such shadowy animals, or against them ?

Ah, I meant that the Sr shouldn’t be inhabited by non-magical stuff or regular animals etc., which is why I suggeasted to “replace” the usual animals with their shadowy counterparts…or something along thsoe lines 😀

But I better be off to Gloweyes’ seperate topic with this

Charlatan

But I better be off to Gloweyes’ seperate topic with this

See you there ;p

@everyone else

New Decodence upgrades will take some time but bring own little and large houses for all races.

TheSpeaker

I’m thoroughly enjoying the direction that AoW III’s modding is going in 🙂
    Between Shadow Realms, Dark Elf Dwelling, new leader outfits + customization, Charlatan and Gloweye have got us covered. Thanks for keeping the game going with new and interesting content. Looking forward to seeing where it goes in 2016 😀

Charlatan

The Single Houses requested by Tanuith are soon finished, here’s the preview on the Goblin and Orc variants:

Thanks for keeping the game going with new and interesting content. Looking forward to seeing where it goes in 2016 😀

Glad to hear it ^^

Viewing 30 posts - 241 through 270 (of 297 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.