[Finished] Unit Variety Re-Skin (Downloads in OP)

Weโ€™ve moved over to the paradox forums. Please come visit us there to discuss:
You can still read the collective wisdom - and lolz - of the community here, but posting is no longer possible.

Home Forums Modding and Map Making [Finished] Unit Variety Re-Skin (Downloads in OP)

This topic contains 261 replies, has 41 voices, and was last updated by  catsnffer 4 years ago.

Viewing 30 posts - 121 through 150 (of 262 total)
  • Author

nightykatze

Great work as usual Tibbles! Definitely follow your own inspiration.

My only suggestion is to reconsider the work you did on the high elf hunter.
    There is something off with the combination of the masks feathers and the hairstyle.
    The green feathers are sticking out of the back of the heads.

Tibbles

Mod was updated btw

There is something off with the combination of the masks feathers and the hairstyle.

Actually like it personally, but do you have any suggestion on what to change? maybe smoother hair ? Might look too much like a hag right now ๐Ÿ˜›

Mithlond

Nice mod, frostling succubus looks amazing!

maybe smoother hair ? Might look too much like a hag right now ๐Ÿ˜›

Ultimately my dream would be to see the Aow2/SM Elf Druid antler helm design replacing feathers(for elf hunter as well) SM druid was my favourite unit.

P.S. half the human and dwarf berserkers models didn’t update? Retains old weapons.

nightykatze

maybe smoother hair ? Might look too much like a hag right now

Sort of ๐Ÿ™‚

Maybe no wig at all or go for another style that fits with the mask and covers the feathers in the back. Perhaps the same style you used on the high elf berserkers ?

Ravenholme

To be honest, I figured the feathers poking through was deliberate, as it always looked to me like it was supposed to be feathers that the hunters had tied into their hair.

I like it.

Teehon

Am I the only one who is checking on this topic several times a day to see if there is more awesome units released?
    ๐Ÿ™‚

Dagoth Ur

Am I the only one who is checking on this topic several times a day to see if there is more awesome units released?
    :)

Nope. ๐Ÿ˜€

esvath

:)

Nope. :p

While I can’t play AOW yet due to tight schedule, I regularly check this and several other threads.

Tibbles

I’m glad you guys like my mod!!

Would anyone object to changing the manticore itself a bit for the manticore rider?

Nothing too wild, just making them a bit easier to spot.

My only suggestion is to reconsider the work you did on the high elf hunter.

For some reason I read this as Shaman >.>

For the hunter, I can either take out all the feathers, or none at all. But others seem to like it, so I’m not sure if I really should do anything about it..

What were you thinking vis-a-vis the Manticores? Making them varieties of Manticore?

Tibbles

What were you thinking vis-a-vis the Manticores? Making them varieties of Manticore?

mostly just fur colour and wing texture variations, maybe leave out the rips in the wings on some

Teehon

about manticores: I quite like the job Zaskow has done –

Look at the manticore rider, in my opinion looks epic.
    It would be nice if they had some kind of racially different armour, or some pieces of. But I can imagine THAT is a lot of work.

Another thing – please add a beard to the dwarf warbreed!

nightykatze

But others seem to like it, so Iโ€™m not sure if I really should do anything about it..

then you should not change anything ๐Ÿ™‚

Zaskow

Look at the manticore rider, in my opinion looks epic.

Crossbowman figure, actually. I thought that wings on his helm would be thematic.

ESCL

As for the Manticore I could definitely see a reason for changing the fur colour too. One would suspect that Frostlings for example to selectively breed light furred variants with thicker fur to better suit their particular climate.

svmariscal

As for the Manticore I could definitely see a reason for changing the fur colour too. One would suspect that Frostlings for example to selectively breed light furred variants with thicker fur to better suit their particular climate.

Maybe this is too much to ask, but I think it would be utterly cool if the frostling manticore had spotted white fur like a snow leopard: http://cdn.zmescience.com/wp-content/uploads/ArrayArrayArrayArray/ArrayArray/Snow-LeopardArray.jpg

Tibbles

I really like the snow leopard idea:

View post on imgur.com

svmariscal

Impressive ๐Ÿ™‚

TheSpeaker

I really like the snow leopard idea

Me too, do that! That looks incredible ๐Ÿ˜ฎ Makes sense Frostlings would have a more localized breed that fares better in the Northern realms. Maybe elves have a pure white one or something, though after seeing your work thus far it’s safe to say that we trust your judgement on this ๐Ÿ™‚

Akinaba

Realy nice, exept.. could you please experiment with that fur original Manticora has on it’s head. I mean let it be… Snow Lion in the colours of Snow Leppard.

Also, I think all would appreciate if you could do something with those wings…

As for anything else I’m one of appreciaters definitely!

Tibbles

I personally don’t like the way it looks with manes…

View post on imgur.com

Maybe the dark manes can work, but I’m not a fan

I can’t do anything with the wings, I agree they’re really ugly, but apart from completely rebuilding and rerigging the unit, there’s nothing I can do ๐Ÿ™

Edit: I can’t even rerig it since the Wyvern Rig isn’t available to us

Charlatan

A Manticore is supposed to be a blend of different creatures, I think the odd wings not suiting the feline is just fine ๐Ÿ˜ฎ

Teehon

I have a couple of ideas for manticores:

1. Hobbit manticore – some flowers on it’s head ๐Ÿ™‚

2. Orc manticore – maybe some helm can fit on manticore’s head? That’d be really fitting.

3. The least possible – I was always a big Chaos Dwarves fan and if, by any chance, you can make manticores to look more like Lammasu, I’ll, I’ll… Write a story in your honor!

Lammasu
    Lammasu!
    Lammasu!!!

I know, it’s Age of Wonders and not Warhammer, and it’s probably super difficult to change models like this… But I had to try ๐Ÿ˜€

Tibbles

Problem is that I can’t change the model in Maya or whatever, since the Wyvern rig wasn’t given to us.

I also can’t give it headitems at all since they won’t animate with the head, they’ll move with the back of the manticore.

I’d love to give them horns and stuff, but I can’t ๐Ÿ™

Akinaba

The black one is the beautifull for me, but I will better leave the final variant to your taste!
    As for the wing stuff – it’s a pity, but we will handle it ๐Ÿ™‚

Keep a good job going, Mr.Tibbles!

Teehon

Problem is that I canโ€™t change the model in Maya or whatever, since the Wyvern rig wasnโ€™t given to us.

I also canโ€™t give it headitems at all since they wonโ€™t animate with the head, theyโ€™ll move with the back of the manticore.

Iโ€™d love to give them horns and stuff, but I canโ€™t :(

What if we ask nicely? ๐Ÿ™‚

TheSpeaker

I’m with Tibbles on this, I prefer the Frostling variant without the mane. Much more like an actual Snow Leopard.

Centurion-X

@akinaba, Ms.

nightykatze

No mane for me please. Go snow Leopard

Akinaba

What if we ask nicely?

This woun’t change some objective facts I guess…

Viewing 30 posts - 121 through 150 (of 262 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.