[Finished] Unit Variety Re-Skin (Downloads in OP)

We’ve moved over to the paradox forums. Please come visit us there to discuss:
You can still read the collective wisdom - and lolz - of the community here, but posting is no longer possible.

Home Forums Modding and Map Making [Finished] Unit Variety Re-Skin (Downloads in OP)

This topic contains 261 replies, has 41 voices, and was last updated by  catsnffer 4 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 30 posts - 151 through 180 (of 262 total)
  • Author

Thariorn

This woun’t change some objective facts I guess

I believe teehon meant asking the Devs nicely for the wyvern model rig/skeleton so Tibbles would have the possibility to mod the wings etc.

Tibbles

I’ve already requested the rig, we’ll see what happens 🙂

ESCL

Wonderful work on the Frostling one, the one without the mane is clearly the best one in my opinion – but the one with black mane works as well if you wish to go for a more classical look. Although without a mane a suppose one could just claim that it is just a female manticore. Considering that, half of the races could use a model without a mane.

Had few thoughts about which feline would fit some of the other races:

Draconian – jaguar (south american connection)
    High Elves – cheetah (graceful, slender connection)
    Goblin – fishing cat (wetland connection)
    Tigran – tiger

Attachments:

Teehon

Can you show us some more of what you are working on?

Tibbles

Can you show us some more of what you are working on?

I’ve been pretty busy with deadlines lately, so I can’t show anything just yet 🙁

Teehon

Maan it’s a shame! For some reason I got really hyped about your mod, in my opinion it’s just one of the few things AoW3 needs to be perfect..

But I can totally understand you, I was thinking about toying with the Editor for ages now and only today I managed to get my fingers on it :<

Tibbles

Oh don’t worry, I’m not on Hiatus or anything 😛
    I just don’t have any sets finished. a lot of warlord units share the same textures, so next update will have a bunch of units and it takes a little longer than the other updates

Here’s a preview

View post on imgur.com

Also, fixing the face of halflings helps a lot

View post on imgur.com

iceboy

Getting this error now:

Attachments:

iceboy

Tibbles

View post on imgur.com

Manticores :3

TheSpeaker

They look incredible! 😀

Gamling

Yeah keep up the good work! Can´t wait to see them in-game.

Tibbles

View post on imgur.com

Here’s the lot of them 🙂

Excellent work.

Gloweye

Looks great, as always!

iceboy

Fantastic work! What is your ETA on this mod?

Teehon

Really cool! The only thing: I really liked Zackow’s idea with Ice Guard on a manticore. I know it’s not a class unit but I really don’t like Frostlings’ ‘racial’ figures while I love their racial units. But maybe it’s just me. I know it stands out compared to other class units then.

I am really curious about what you’ll do the Warbreeds 😀 they are the only thing that really disappointed me on my first playthrough of the vanilla campaign – when I realised the only difference is color skin. And please don’t forget to give the dwarven one a beard 😀

Taykor

Perfect! Now they are really good!

Tibbles

Fantastic work! What is your ETA on this mod?

Soon TM, I’m trying to get Scouts, Monster Hunters, Mounted Archers, Phalanx and Manticore Riders done in one pass.
    I can’t upload the Manticore without either deleting the work I’ve done on the others so far, or handing out a half-finished version of the other guys

Really cool! The only thing: I really liked Zackow’s idea with Ice Guard on a manticore. I know it’s not a class unit but I really don’t like Frostlings’ ‘racial’ figures while I love their racial units. But maybe it’s just me. I know it stands out compared to other class units then.

I am really curious about what you’ll do the Warbreeds 😀 they are the only thing that really disappointed me on my first playthrough of the vanilla campaign – when I realised the only difference is color skin. And please don’t forget to give the dwarven one a beard 😀

I don’t want to change the base model tbh, they’re supposed to be berserkers, not frostguards.

As for the Warbreeds, I’m a bit delayed in that, I can’t rip models with the Ninjaripper tool at all. It just destroys my ModEditor >.> I need some models ripped before I can continue.

As always, thanks for the support all 🙂

Zaskow

I don’t want to change the base model tbh, they’re supposed to be berserkers, not frostguards.

IMAO, berserkers are boring as riders and look as placeholders…

Gloweye

IMAO, berserkers are boring as riders and look as placeholders…

Maybe not placeholders, but I can understand a Warlord keeping the best of Mounts exclusive to the more important members of society(basically, more frost witch blood). It fits lorewise and I think it can look good.

though, your call Tibbles.

Flenoom

Wow, Tibbles, those beasts looks stunning!

I can’t rip models with the Ninjaripper tool at all

There is one way: Open the required model using PackageManager, instead ModContentEd, it should work (for me, at least). Don’t forget turn on the T-pose for this model.

Teehon

Maybe not placeholders, but I can understand a Warlord keeping the best of Mounts exclusive to the more important members of society(basically, more frost witch blood). It fits lorewise and I think it can look good.

though, your call Tibbles.

Actually, I can only agree on this: it would make sense to put the elite on the Manticores, and not the lowly T2 Berserkers. It shouldn’t be Phallanx because they all look the same.

My humble opinion (only about the riders): Ork and Elf look perfect, Tigran, Draconian and Goblin look really good, Dwarf looks OK but I’d prefer another figure like Crossbowman or Deepguard, Frostling and Halfling – mmmm, not really. Would like a Griffon Rider for halfling (maybe even without a weapon if that suits) and a Frostguard for Frostling.

The mounts are all superb!

edit: what class do you plan on doing after Warlord? Theo?

Tibbles

My humble opinion (only about the riders): Ork and Elf look perfect, Tigran, Draconian and Goblin look really good, Dwarf looks OK but I’d prefer another figure like Crossbowman or Deepguard, Frostling and Halfling – mmmm, not really. Would like a Griffon Rider for halfling (maybe even without a weapon if that suits) and a Frostguard for Frostling.

Well, I comprised and added the Frostguard skin to the Berserker, but I’m not changing the Dwarf to an archer or the Halfling to the eagle rider. Don’t like the idea sorry 🙁 Doesn’t make sense to me to lose the Warlord idea like that.
    You can of course always change it yourself as you can just find the Manticore I’m using and change the rider

edit: what class do you plan on doing after Warlord? Theo?

Probably Theo yeah, Dread and Necro are pretty hard

Tibbles

There is one way: Open the required model using PackageManager, instead ModContentEd, it should work (for me, at least). Don’t forget turn on the T-pose for this model.

Thanks, I’ll see if I can get this to work

Teehon

Well, I comprised and added the Frostguard skin to the Berserker, but I’m not changing the Dwarf to an archer or the Halfling to the eagle rider. Don’t like the idea sorry 🙁 Doesn’t make sense to me to lose the Warlord idea like that.
    You can of course always change it yourself as you can just find the Manticore I’m using and change the rider

I know I can change it myself (already played with the editor enough to find out) but I am I won’t be able to play with others if I have my own mod.

Edit: what’s hard about necro? They only have 2 units unless you want to change something about the Deadly Crabs as well. And they really need some of your love, I am absolutely incapable of telling one Deathbringer from another visually, they all look the same.

Dagoth Ur

Orc Manticores look amazing. Everything looks amazing, but Orc Manticores even more so.

I’ve had some kind of visual error with some unit icons. The icons for the Tigran Monster Hunter and Frostling Berserker showed me multiple different Tigran/Frostling Warlord units.

Anyone else that had this problem?

Tibbles

Edit: what’s hard about necro? They only have 2 units unless you want to change something about the Deadly Crabs as well. And they really need some of your love, I am absolutely incapable of telling one Deathbringer from another visually, they all look the same.

Hard as in coming up with visuals that make sense.

I’ve had some kind of visual error with some unit icons. The icons for the Tigran Monster Hunter and Frostling Berserker showed me multiple different Tigran/Frostling Warlord units.

I made a mistake with the Frostling and Tigran Berserker icon import thats fixed locally here and will be in the next update. I haven’t touched the monster hunter in the live mod build though so I don’t know why that ones bugged

Tibbles

Teehon

They all look good! Especially like your work on Phallanx, a bit of feedback –

Did you consider giving Goblins another weapon to distinguish from the Humans more?
    I’d propose giving the Dwarf MH crossbows in the second hand and give them Scoundrel animation – right now they are the only ones with Shoot Heavy Crossbow and so it would be thematically appropriate because they rely on the Xbow more. Maybe Axe instead of the sword as well?
    Tigran phallanx – can you compare it to the Sun Guard? I think they might be difficult to distinguish from one another.

Viewing 30 posts - 151 through 180 (of 262 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.