[Finished] Unit Variety Re-Skin (Downloads in OP)

We’ve moved over to the paradox forums. Please come visit us there to discuss:
You can still read the collective wisdom - and lolz - of the community here, but posting is no longer possible.

Home Forums Modding and Map Making [Finished] Unit Variety Re-Skin (Downloads in OP)

This topic contains 261 replies, has 41 voices, and was last updated by  catsnffer 4 years ago.

Viewing 30 posts - 181 through 210 (of 262 total)
  • Author

Gamling

Amazing work with some of the phalanx and good choices for the mounted archers. I don´t like the games Greek look on one unit and mongol look on the other. They don´t not fit together, but I think your race styles does.

Tibbles

Did you consider giving Goblins another weapon to distinguish from the Humans more?
    I’d propose giving the Dwarf MH crossbows in the second hand and give them Scoundrel animation – right now they are the only ones with Shoot Heavy Crossbow and so it would be thematically appropriate because they rely on the Xbow more.

If you mean the Goblin Monster Hunter, I gave it a new weapon right after I made those screenshots 😛

I like the idea for the Dwarf, hope the skinning allows it, it’s always a bit of a gamble if changing the pose reveals skinning errors (stretched polys)

Tibbles

Mod was updated btw 🙂

Mithlond

Great work on the warlord. I still think the High elf hunter &Shaman has too much hair and a bit dark for my taste, otherwise gj.

Tibbles

Gamling

Ah amazing again. That draconian crusader is excellent.

Zaskow

😀

Giving racial swords for crusaders is better than reskinning default crusader’s sword, imao.

esvath

Tibbles, your mod makes me want to play Warlord!

Triumph should pay you something and include your mod in their next big patch! 😀

Teehon

<iframe allowfullscreen=”true” mozallowfullscreen=”true” webkitallowfullscreen=”true” class=”imgur-embed-iframe-pub imgur-embed-iframe-pub-hhmgl0s-true-516″ scrolling=”no” src=”http://imgur.com/hhmgl0s/embed?ref=http%3A%2F%2Faow.triumph.net%2Fforums%2Ftopic%2Fwip-mod-unit-variety-retexture%2Fpage%2F7%2F%23post-235116&w=516″ id=”imgur-embed-iframe-pub-hhmgl0s” style=”height: 500px; width: 516px; margin: 10px 0px; padding: 0px;”></iframe>
    <script async=”” src=”//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js” charset=”utf-8″></script>

😀

They look super! Crusaders are a really good opportunity to show your texturing skills!

Looking forward to see more!

About warbreeds: are you skipping them for now?

Tibbles

About warbreeds: are you skipping them for now?

My main PC is refusing to work with NinjaRipper, which I need to grab some meshes for the Warbreed. But I just tried here on my tablet, and it works with the ripper, so I can continue now 🙂

Just going to be a pain to keep transferring the rips, but at least I can get them now.

Tibbles

Here’s a WIP of the Tigran Warbreed

View post on imgur.com

View post on imgur.com

No body texture yet, some skinning errors and I forgot to turn off cull faces so you can see through the armor, but it’s getting there 😀

Teehon

WOOOOOWWW!!! *Claps slowly*

Tibbles

Teehon

Everything looks amazing! Any chance for a different weapon for Dwarven Exalted and some hair, maybe a mohawk?
    Absolutely love the look of dwarven crusaders! Are their axes new? And Tigran Warbreed – absolutely stunning, an I right in assuming you also made the new model for the morgenstern?

Zaskow

I right in assuming you also made the new model for the morgenstern?

Default Dread hero maul, probably…

Thariorn

Here’s a WIP of the Tigran Warbreed

<iframe allowfullscreen=”true” mozallowfullscreen=”true” webkitallowfullscreen=”true” class=”imgur-embed-iframe-pub imgur-embed-iframe-pub-C1Oezgj-true-516″ scrolling=”no” src=”http://imgur.com/C1Oezgj/embed?ref=http%3A%2F%2Faow.triumph.net%2Fforums%2Ftopic%2Fwip-mod-unit-variety-retexture%2Fpage%2F7%2F%23post-235348&w=516″ id=”imgur-embed-iframe-pub-C1Oezgj” style=”height: 500px; width: 516px; margin: 10px 0px; padding: 0px;”></iframe>
    <script async=”” src=”//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js” charset=”utf-8″></script>
    [snip]

I have no mouth but I must scream 😀

Shiara384

Can’t wait to see how the rest will look, eagerly awaiting warbreeds and the theocrat units.

Charlatan

No offense to the previous work, but with those Warbreeds the quality here is skyrocketting 😮

Tibbles

View post on imgur.com

Bunch more units almost done 🙂

Ravenholme

Looks glorious Tibbles, and I especially love the Tigran Crusader with their sunguard style shield, something I felt Tigran Crusaders should’ve had from the off 😀

Dagoth Ur

These Crusaders are awesome, especially Orc, Elf and Draconian. Beautiful work Tibbles!

nightykatze

I noticed that the gender swapped frostling supports (apprentice and evangelist) can now be targeted by the royal guard. It’s cool that they don’t discriminate against transsexuals but since the aim of the mod is to be purely cosmetic i figure it were probably an oversight.

Gamling

The appearance pole arm weapons of the Nagas was bugged for me yesterday. I will see if it is a repeatable issue. Nvm they looked fine now. I love the Tigran crusaders btwn, I am playing a Tigran Theocrat atm.

Teehon

Dwarven Berserkers look very weird when they run. It seems like the second axe doesn’t stay in the hand but lags behind.

Also, I think it would be good to slower their running speed a bit, they are moving too fast for their short legs.

Mithlond

Crusaders all look great except for the human crusader. The new sabre sword doesn’t fit the armored swordsman theme. On the other hand the new human exalted sword is really good and would look amazing on the human crusaders as well.

Musashi

Simply amazing job. I wish i had your skills Tibbles.
    Since i have not, may i ask the permission to use your reskin of the phalanx in my mod?
    I want to scale them up as a titan. I could do that with the normal phalanx but yours just look so much better.
    And thank you for your reskin tutorial btw. It was very helpful!

Shiara384

Can’t wait to see the Dreadnaught and Necromancer units, and the rest of the warbreeds!

Tibbles

Mod is updated with Dreadnought units:

View post on imgur.com

Only Necro and the last Warbreeds left now 🙂

I went over every unit and made sure it’s all optimized, can’t make it run any better than it’s doing now.

Tibbles

The new sabre sword doesn’t fit the armored swordsman theme.

I think I forgot to swap out the sword on this guy, will happen in the next update

Gloweye

I like..

Good luck with the necro units. IMHO it’s the one the triumph artists somehow weren’t able to make them as good as the others – my main gripes are that they’re all the same between races for 90%, and that they’re not using any player colors, or at least not visible without magnifying glass.

Viewing 30 posts - 181 through 210 (of 262 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.