(WIP) Wild Transformation mod

We’ve moved over to the paradox forums. Please come visit us there to discuss:
You can still read the collective wisdom - and lolz - of the community here, but posting is no longer possible.

Home Forums Modding and Map Making (WIP) Wild Transformation mod

This topic contains 16 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  Zaskow 7 years ago.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author

Zaskow

This mod adds new set of T3 animals (8). Also new ability for shamans – Wild Transformation. It lets them to transform into random T3 animal/monster from created set.

Warning! This mod won’t work without Golden Realms and Eternal Lords dlcs!

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=543306254

New unit:
    Elder Fire Wyvern – Gold Wyvern skinned with Fire Wyvern material. Flying unit with weakened fire breath (like dragons, yes).

Propositions for further upgrades are welcomed.
    Forest Boar – original Boar with some additions from Blight Boar. Attacking unit with devastative charge.

Elder Unicorn – enlarged original Unicorn with changed hair and some FX effects. Unit with multichannel attack, phase – overpowered Unicorn, in short.

Currently, unit has mediocre medal abilities. I plan to create some kind of phase with charge or remake pounce ability for them. Propositions for further upgrades are welcomed.
    Royal Gryphon – model of elvish Gryphon without rider. Unit has First Strike, Predator, Total Awareness on veteran and Tireless on elite.

Propositions for further upgrades are welcomed (I know about OP combo – First Strike, Total Awareness and Tireless – suggest me better idea).
    Dire Bear – unchanged original unit.
    Ancient Nightmare – original Nightmare with some nice FX effects. Unit has Greater Life Steal and become Fearsome on veteran.

Ice Warg – I used model of Bleak Warg for this unit, but put more fur on model and small FX effect. Unit has Devour Corpse and Bloodthirsty, Inflict Frostbite on veteran, Inflict Chilling on expert and First Strike on elite.

I plan to make weakened version of Devour Corpse, it won’t consume all action pts from unit.
    Manticore – existing model. Unit has Athletics, Predator and Bloodthirsty.

Forest Snake – reskinned mature Reed Serpent. Unit has Inflict Deadly Poison, Pounce Ability and Inflict Weakened on elite.

This set of abilities is temporary. I plan to make blight-origin paralyze ability or/and some analog of assassin strike for this unit specifically.
    Although, transformation is randomized, different racial shamans have increased chances to transform into certain animal/monster.
    These chances for different races are:
    Elder Fire Wyvern
    Draconians – x3 chance to transform
    Forest Boar
    Dwarves – x3 chance to transform
    Halflings – x2 chance to transform
    Elder Unicorn
    Elves – x3 chance to transform
    Royal Gryphon
    Elves – x3 chance to transform
    Dire Bear
    Human – x3 chance to transform
    Frostlings – x2 chance to transform
    Tigrans – x2 chance to transform
    Ancient Nightmare
    Orcs – x3 chance to transform
    Ice Warg
    Goblins – x3 chance to transform
    Frostlings – x3 chance to transform
    Manticore
    Tigrans – x3 chance to transform
    Forest Snake
    Draconians – x2 chance to transform
    Goblins – x2 chance to transform

Wild transformation is powerful ability, so I put some nerfs for all Shamans:
    -5 HP;
    -1 Defense.
    All shamans cost 150 gold + 40 mana (need further balancing).
    Awaken Spirit presents for all Shamans, but on expert.
    Current issues:
    – icons (*sigh*) for new animals and new ability (I used old one – Were Bear). Need help of skilled artist, because it will take too long with my horrible PS skills.
    – balance (obviously);
    – descriptions, need volunteers for writing texts for all animals. My English doesn’t support this, sorry…
    – Lesser Fire Breath needs tweaking.
    Next plans:
    – moar animals! I found some unused textures and have ideas about new combinations of existing materials and models.
    – upgrading already created animals – new skins, FX, whatever.
    – I plan to redo all AD balance completely, this minimod is only first step…

Centurion-X

It’s GREAT !!!!!

Gloweye

I like this idea very much. Here’s some short thoughts:

Royal Gryphon: The most OP combo of First Strike/Tireless/Awareness would be including Life Steal. However, I think you can get only 1 stack on the unit. 13 Defense however is a bit high, becoming 15 with Elite. Maybe take 2 Def off and I think it’s pretty much balanced because of lower Def with his “OP Combo”

Unicorn: How about dipping in history and giving it Healing?

Think I like pretty much everything else.

For the Lesser Fire Breath, you could half the range from 4 to 2? Would give it the same AoE as Fire Blunderbuss has. It’s what I did for Frostling Wyvern Rider. You might need to tweak either particle speed or lifetime in the visuals though.

esvath

More animals for Arch Druid = instant favorite!

Several suggestion:

1) allow AD leaders to recruit some animals, maybe put Royal Griffin/Manticore in Gargantuan Animal but give it more power at higher medals? So these animals are a bit weaker than Tier 4 snakes but will catch up eventually.

2) allow some animals to be recruited in sites.

3) allow some animals to evolve into these new ones, such as Unicorn evolve into Elder Unicorn.

If you are planning to rework AD class, maybe introduce “racial preference” for summoning spells? Such as Goblin AD’s summoning spells will summon Monkeys, Serpents, swamp creatures and High Elven AD’s summoning spells will summon forest creature?

Teehon

If you are planning to rework AD class, maybe introduce “racial preference” for summoning spells? Such as Goblin AD’s summoning spells will summon Monkeys, Serpents, swamp creatures and High Elven AD’s summoning spells will summon forest creature?

This is a really good idea!

Gloweye

I second this good idea. I’ve been thinking about something like it myself, but I guess sharing the raw ideas I had might be worth.

Is there a way we can restrict targeters to a terrain type? That would make a fun way to give preference to certain animals on certain terrains.

Zaskow

Answers…

Royal Gryphon: The most OP combo of First Strike/Tireless/Awareness would be including Life Steal. However, I think you can get only 1 stack on the unit. 13 Defense however is a bit high, becoming 15 with Elite. Maybe take 2 Def off and I think it’s pretty much balanced because of lower Def with his “OP Combo”

I can’t take 2 def, sorry, because Royal Gryphon will have decreased stats than original Gryphon with 12 def. I’ll take away 1 def, though.

Unicorn: How about dipping in history and giving it Healing?

No problemo.

For the Lesser Fire Breath, you could half the range from 4 to 2? Would give it the same AoE as Fire Blunderbuss has. It’s what I did for Frostling Wyvern Rider. You might need to tweak either particle speed or lifetime in the visuals though.

In progress…

1) allow AD leaders to recruit some animals, maybe put Royal Griffin/Manticore in Gargantuan Animal but give it more power at higher medals? So these animals are a bit weaker than Tier 4 snakes but will catch up eventually.

I can put all my T3 animal and increase chances of T4 summon instead as compensation.
    Currently, I don’t know how additional medal can be implemented through summoning for certain creatures.

2) allow some animals to be recruited in sites.

Which sites?

3) allow some animals to evolve into these new ones, such as Unicorn evolve into Elder Unicorn.

I could implement this if other people support this.

I begin to understand how this can be implemented, but need a lot of experiments.

Is there a way we can restrict targeters to a terrain type? That would make a fun way to give preference to certain animals on certain terrains.

Unknown. For me at least. Only dev can enlighten us…

I need more feedback from players!
    Also look at issues. Maybe someone could help me? Even descriptions will be helpful. I warn you if I’ll write descriptions your eyes will bleed…

Also I need a victim volunteer to test this mod on GOG version of game.

Gloweye

Also I need a victim volunteer to test this mod on GOG version of game.

I can do this I think.

I might also run some tests for the targeters. This weekend, if I get some time.

I support the following points:

1) Adding all of these into summon gargantuan animal, with additional instances of the T4 serpents in the summon list to compensate.
    2) Allowing unicorns/gryphons/nightmares/Ice wargs to evolve into your new T3’s
    3) Adding of units to sites -> the most obvious one is the Spring of life -as well as hearts and the monster den spawner, but Forbidden sanctums work too as there are already druid sets that appear there.

Zaskow

I don’t know how it can be defined by existing tech code. I didn’t find any possible restrictions in techs or spells code. However, we have Party Robots only for halfling dreads, but I can’t find this tech…

Question: where is Party Robot tech located? I looked in dread skills, but with 0 result.

It would be fun probably, but AI won’t use it cleverly, so, no.

1) Adding all of these into summon gargantuan animal, with additional instances of the T4 serpents in the summon list to compensate.

More animals in summon sets is fun and interesting, but too much random leads to imbalance. Can we balance every creature to be same effective? I suppose, no.

Who else interested in this idea?

3) Adding of units to sites -> the most obvious one is the Spring of life -as well as hearts and the monster den spawner, but Forbidden sanctums work too as there are already druid sets that appear there.

I could add my creatures here, but not too much. My monsters are very rare and “sacred” for AD, so I don’t think they must appear at typical monster den. 🙂

Gloweye

I don’t know how it can be defined by existing tech code. I didn’t find any possible restrictions in techs or spells code. However, we have Party Robots only for halfling dreads, but I can’t find this tech…

Question: where is Party Robot tech located? I looked in dread skills, but with 0 result.

I believe it’s just dependent on the same player property as the normal golem. It should be in the Halfling Link Data instead of normal Golem, IIRC they’re in the halfling race rpk.

PsychoticSoul wrote:
    Who else interested in this idea?

Not too sure – while it sounds fun, does the AD really need more evolves?

esvath

Throwing some ideas here, but please be noted that I am not sure whether these are feasible or not:

1) make new spells which rely on the leader’s race. Thus, High Elf AD leaders will be able to cast Call Woodland Beings when they have researched Summon Gargantuan Animals, while Draconian AD leaders will have Call Drake Swarm when researching Summon Gargantuan Animals.

2) Make a new category for AD units (like Tier 3 Shaman). But instead of racial units (HE Shaman, Draconian Shaman), it has “racial monsters” (Unicorn for HE, Drake for Draconian, etc). But this makes the new monsters producable in cities and maybe shift AD’s gameplay into more builder-style.

Gloweye

2) Make a new category for AD units (like Tier 3 Shaman). But instead of racial units (HE Shaman, Draconian Shaman), it has “racial monsters” (Unicorn for HE, Drake for Draconian, etc). But this makes the new monsters producable in cities and maybe shift AD’s gameplay into more builder-style.

I like this one…

Zaskow

1) make new spells which rely on the leader’s race.

And this is biggest problem. I can’t connect certain spell to the certain leader’s race.

Interesting. I think we could use class building Megalith for this function (it’s pretty useless now, except mana bonuses). Also more building units will help AD a lot against produce classes.

ESCL

Wonderful work Zaskow, I really like your ideas for the forest snake. Are you planning on modelling it like the other snakes with a T1 and T4 aswell or keeping it as is?

As for the evolve mechanic for some of the other units I do like the idea, but I can’t be too sure before testing it. At the moment I feel that you have very little use for the second level summoning spell as most creatures it spawns have limited usefulness and are a bit too straight forward compared to the first and third levels. Although I can’t say that I’m experienced enough to know for sure.

Zaskow

Wonderful work Zaskow, I really like your ideas for the forest snake. Are you planning on modelling it like the other snakes with a T1 and T4 aswell or keeping it as is?

This depends from how successful I will be with my PS learning. 😀

At the moment I feel that you have very little use for the second level summoning spell as most creatures it spawns have limited usefulness and are a bit too straight forward compared to the first and third levels. Although I can’t say that I’m experienced enough to know for sure.

Wild and Eldricht Animals in my AD mod will be buffed and won’t look so crappy. Wargs and Boars are pretty mediocre as units and don’t look attractive as summons.
    Now it’s more easily and profitable to buy some racial units.

Zaskow

Ok, small announce and questions.
    I found model of Halfling Eagle, what do you think about adding him into Halfling roster with x3 chance? He would be buffed Zephyr Bird to the T3 standard. Any additional suggestions about this new unit are welcomed. I plan to give him Wing Beat, Very Lucky (probably), 13 dmg, 11 def/11 res (or even 12/12). Charge on veteran. Elite ability is still in progress (anyone?).
    Lava Warg

Eldritch animal (elemental, maybe???) from volcanic ash barrens. I’m still thinking about his abilities, need assistance.
    Alpha Warg

Creature for goblins, mostly (actually, I planned Beetles for Goblins, but I’ve abandoned this idea, because beetles haven’t enough animations). This is most crude and cunning male of warg pack. I’m still thinking about his abilities, need assistance.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.