Work-in-Progress and Known Issues

We’ve moved over to the paradox forums. Please come visit us there to discuss:
You can still read the collective wisdom - and lolz - of the community here, but posting is no longer possible.

Home Forums Update v1.5 – Open Beta Work-in-Progress and Known Issues

This topic contains 16 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by  Narvek 5 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author

SikBok
    Keymaster

This is a list of things we are still working on. There’s no need to report issues relating to this and we hope to have these ready for you soon.

Check these Mac and Linux topics for platform specific issues.

Work-in-Progress

• We are still working on the final non-English text, so non-English text might be incorrect or absent. Please test the English version – if you are able – until we’ve completed on the different language versions.

Known Issues

• A rare issue can cause a vassal to break allegiance with you for no apparent reason

Shaithias

I had an elf sorcerer Aye Nera Spawn with victory Rush, the orc racial.
    I included the save, and the autosave of the turn before the save.

Kaiosama TLJ

I had an elf sorcerer Aye Nera Spawn with victory Rush, the orc racial.<br>
    I included the save, and the autosave of the turn before the save.

Heroes now have unique abilities to them, and that’s by design apparently.

I’ve got a Goblin Theocrat that have Throw Curse, and I’ve also got an Goblin Archdrud that have Poison Spit without an item. And some Heroes start with extra 5 points instead of a unique skill.

Gloweye

And some Heroes start with extra 5 points instead of a unique skill.

This shouldn’t be….

Shaithias

Well, the same game now crashes hardcore at the end of game.

Tombles
    Keymaster

Added the following known issues:

• If you host a PBEM game, and choose a slot other than the first one, you will not be able to start a game
    • If an AI has decided to play in “Good” mode, it will be behave in a suboptimal way sometimes, and be very passive.
    • If you have a “An item Has Arrived” event, and the recieving unit is killed before the event is clicked on, the game will crash

ruzenqures

After some time you dont get any more different heroes to join?

Tombles
    Keymaster

Did you hit the hero limit? By default, after you get a certian number of heroes, no new ones will join. I think by default, you get 5 heroes (not including your leader).

ruzenqures

Let me clearfy. I have 2 heroes and the third one is waiting for me to recruit/hire but I cant ask for different kind of heroes anymore. I pressed that button… I think 2-3 times before before hiring second one. After second one, Its greyed out. So do I have to buy the third to get new type of heroes? Is that ment to be? I can send the save file If that necessery.

Thariorn

o do I have to buy the third to get new type of heroes? Is that ment to be?

IIRC that’s intendent, at least for now.

You get 2 hero-rerolls, after that you’ll have to live with what’s offered to you (or decline thrice and wait for something better suited).

syntax_vi

If you have a “An item Has Arrived” event, and the recieving unit is killed before the event is clicked on, the game will crash

– Does this count for the AI as well? I’ve had the game crash serveral times while the AI is in a fight against another AI.

Tombles
    Keymaster

All known issues are fixed, and a new one has been added:

• A rare issue can cause a vassal to break allegiance with you for no apparent reason

- Does this count for the AI as well? I’ve had the game crash serveral times while the AI is in a fight against another AI.

I’m not sure… If you’re in doubt, then feel free to send saves and DMP files to us:

savegames@triumphstudios.com

Brandon_354

I’m assuming the issue is in the beta since i didn’t notice it before

If an enemy enters my domain and applies the morale penalty then for the rest of the game that city will have the penalty even once the unit is long gone. This has happened in multiple cities of mine and I’ve even had units with true sight search the area and there were no invisible units. It only seems to be the enemy in domain penalty though as enemy at the gates goes away after the unit(s) leave.

It has happened on multiple maps and is easy enough to reproduce (just let a bandit roam into your domain).

Brandon_354

I would make a second edit to my post but the time has expired (sorry)

I performed the test again and i found that you have to wait for the bandit to leave your domain on his own, killing it doesn’t make the bug occur.

Tombles
    Keymaster

Thanks Brendon! We’ev found this bug ourselves, hopefully should be fixed in the next update 🙂

snapjawmp

I honestly not sure where I am supposed to post this question, but I am shocked that nobody has mentioned the game just crashing during ending a turn or taking a city. I have had both, and now I cannot even continue my game because it crashes to the desktop after ending the turn (a multiplayer game). If I am the only person getting this then don’t worry about it, but it just seems strange. The taking the city crash I was talking about happened after a roaming neutral army took a city from an AI, then if I captured the city it would crash the game. I fixed it by waiting for the AI to retake the city first, then I took it and there was no issue again.

I know you need the files and stuff, but it seems a bit complicated. But my save is the turn where it crashes when ending my turn and it tries to go to the next turn, so not sure if that can help. If you really need it because you have never heard about this error, I will find a way to get it to you.

Thanks

Narvek
    Keymaster

@snapjawmp Yes, please send the savegame from before the crash to savegames@triumphstudios.com so we can have a look. If you have multiple saves please send them all, thank you!

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.