XP farming exploit on Shrine to the Queen of Spiders

We’ve moved over to the paradox forums. Please come visit us there to discuss:
You can still read the collective wisdom - and lolz - of the community here, but posting is no longer possible.

Home Forums Help & Support XP farming exploit on Shrine to the Queen of Spiders

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Hiliadan 1 year, 2 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Hiliadan

Hi devs!
    There is currently an exploit possible on the Shrine to the Queen of Spiders, a bit similar to the exploit reported on the Shrine of the Guardian Angel that you fixed several months ago http://aow.triumph.net/forums/topic/shrine-of-the-guardian-angelgreat-reawakening-xpcp-expliot-link/

If you keep one non combat summon unit alive by draining its AP or webbing it or something, spiders will keep popping and you can farm their XP for ever (until the fight ends on turn 30 I guess).
    The solution used for the other Shrine does not seem a good one here: removing XP gain from combat summons seem a bit too much. Would it be possible to remove it from combat summons of this specific Shrine? Or remove it after X turns where only 1 unit is not a combat summon? Or I don’t know.
    Otherwise, let’s just remove XP from combat summons, it will still be better than the current situation.

I hope it’s not too much work for you! (and that next patch is not too far away!) 🙂

Arnout
    Keymaster

Hi Hiliadan, according to the resources the Arachnid Horde Auto Spell spell should disappear after 7 combat rounds? Thus it cannot be unlimited exploited.

Hiliadan

Ok you were right, I was misinformed, sorry.
    So maybe we’ll reduce that duration to solve the issue partially.

Would it be possible to remove the CP gained through Essence Harvest when a player retreat from a fight with all living units? That would remove a possible exploit of attacking the Shrine multiple times in one turn to farm CP (each time leaving 1 enemy unit alive to re-attack immediately after).

Arnout
    Keymaster

Not really, but it is possible to reduce the turn limit to 5?

Hiliadan

Yes we’ll do that probably but you will still be able to go, kill 5 or 6 spiders, gain 25 to 30 CP, retreat, attack again with one new unit (or not if you have Guerilla), gain again the CP, etc. And you can even do that every turn if you want. Of course that would be pretty lame and not fair-play and I don’t expect many people to do that, but still.

Hiliadan

Would it be possible to remove the CP gained through Essence Harvest when a player retreat from a fight with all living units?

This was the initial request. We’ve been discussing this for over a year and now the best solution to us seems to be to remove the CP gains from the Spiders entirely. However, because they’re summoned by Arachnide Hordes, they all have the Combat Summon ability and we can’t change that through mod it seems. And that triggers the +5 CP from Essence Harvest.

So would it be possible to add a choice for modders NOT to give the Combat Summon property to these Spiders? That way we can remove the +5 CP for them.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.