Forum Replies Created
awesome, can’t wait till you can do campaing with that!March 28, 2015 at 10:30 in reply to: Eternal Lords PBEM 2v2 Match – Team Beta Champion Blog #173530
great stuff! So sad it’s so slow… 🙂 keep it coming please 🙂
Agree with all above, for me personally:
– Dark Elves
– 8 stack
– starting furher away to be able to manouver more in Tactical battle view
– more campaigns
– totaly agree on “miss chance”
Great game so far, I even took extra day off to have 16h game :), Things I love most are:
– lots of combination and good AI on Emperor, I do love that in campaing AI try’s to kill me heros that forces end game 🙂
– randomising initial hero
– lot’s of spells that are usefull
– leveling up and RPG kind of hero development
– great random maps!
Things that I would prefer to be different:
– units are too close during battle, in some occasions I’m being charged on the first turn of combat (I would prever having opportunity to have more units per hero…), also unit placement seems to be random, that is critical for tactical part…
– the R&D is too fast, upon having like 6 cities developed I can research almost every spell within one or 2 turns
– also upon having 6 or so cities mana seems to be no problem, I have 6k and more that I can’t spend
– in second map of Elves Campaing it seems that you can support many stacks of Lv4 with no issue moneywise…. that discourages to mix units…
– I would also prever to have like 4 spheres to pick up for my hero… maybe it could be added when dlc comes with new spells and races? I would very much like to specialize in one of the spheres, but then I have only 1 last pick to get… it forces to many replays to check what best spells do, but it would take forever
– I would also like to have more units per race, but it’s not critical
That’s all so far, the tactical map unit being so close is a real nuisance 🙂
once again, I do love your game, any info on DLC that you can share? 🙂
I sincerely hope that modders will be provided with tolls for: AI, units, spells, maps, quests, and especially campaigns modding… That would be awesome!April 3, 2013 at 10:53 in reply to: Suggestion: Success of AOW 1+2 Depended Also On Movement #3789
exactly Wesnoth is very tactical and unit movement varies heavily – it’s one of the best hex tactic game in my opinion,
I would either do as simo_87 suggested or added more levels (like in Shogun Total War maybe), fully upgraded/experienced basic unit is becoming very strong which adds different tactical options
glad as well!
it would be great, since I play more modded games than vanilia 😉
exactly! What I would love to see is EXPAND the AoW II also in terms of battles and not streamline it…. just add some features, improve AI, give more options… not to make battlefield smaller…. you have UNIQUE opportunity to make something outstanding from the mentioned games…
have you seen Battle of Wesnoth by the way? I hope it will not be perceived as advertisement… but I’ve been playing it for almost 10 years in spite of “oldschool” graphics and 2D… its best rpg/tactic game that I came across especially when you add mods…
by the way… I’ve just purchased both AOW on Steam and have fun 🙂
dark angels… pure awesomness. I just decided, today I reinstall it for the third time:) can’t wait to get home actually
Well, I would very much like to see units that are unique, and can be obtained in special places or after finishing quest or such, basically everybody can get it but its kind of hard – it’s more like vision/mechanis than a specyfic unit
thx for comment Narvek! I sincerely hope that starting distance will be considerable… 🙂
do we know how it will be implemented in AoW III?
well, I described it wrongly, I was meaning manouvering and tactical reaaranging your units as to be able to make a refused flank to some extend… not to prolong I believe AoW II had the best approach towards tactical battles ever developed so far.
Personally I’m already fine with the graphics… I care about gameplay, AI, complexity, and fun. it’s strategic game afterall.
excelent! I remember nights with my friend and beer… 🙂 great news!