Forum Replies Created
The irony here is kinda funny I gotta say.
And the scavenging droids? So far is the first mention of a machine faction.
I believe one of the people from the PDX con mentioned them. Afaik they were the wealthy elite of Star Union society who used cybernetic augmentations to give themselves long life and more power but it backfired and they became “undead cyborgs” essentially. There’s some parallels with AoW3 Archons who fell from grace in a similar way. I think they’re called Paragon.
Newish article from PCgamer: https://www.pcgamer.com/age-of-wonders-planetfall-steers-the-strategy-series-in-an-exciting-direction/
Not much new but it rounds up everything pretty well, good if you’re coming fresh. There’s mention of a psionic Amazon unit at the end but it’s worded kinda weird.
Casus Belli seems a bit out of place, especially if the actual Latin term is used (I really hope they just call it “justification” or something like that).
Gameplay wise the main reason to have CB is for it to influence relations with other factions so if you declare an “unjust” war it puts more pressure on you and adds risk of other people dogpiling you. It’s basically an anti-expansion/snowball mechanic meant to slow down rampant conquest.
Will be interesting to see how it’s implemented.
A bit more info on hit chance.
TSA: Yeah, so the grazing system where you can still deal damage on a miss is interesting, but if I understand it correctly, it’s still just another percentage chance and you can still get a complete miss sometimes?
Lennart: It depends on the full chance to hit, so if that’s like 90%, there’s no chance that you will get no hit, so that 10% will always be a graze. It shifts downwards to scale, and I’m not sure how exactly, but if it’s 75% or lower, for example, then there is a chance that there’s a full miss. To make sure you know, if the targeting arrow is red, then there’s a chance that you might fully miss, but if it’s green it will always hit, but there’s a chance it’s a graze and not a full hit.
It’s very simple, but it reduces the frustration.
TSA: Yeah, I mean there’ll still be a little frustration because your plan isn’t coming together, but the beauty of these games is that you’re having to compensate and adjust your plans.
Lennart: Ah, it’s just controlled randomness, not full randomness.
Also the console version is on the Microsoft Store: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/p/age-of-wonders-planetfall/bptkrr85p0jw 😛
It says multiplayer supports 2-4 players which can’t be right. Some sort of console specific limitation?
Shame, I really liked DVR. 😛
May 23, 2018 at 16:50 #272888
Where the heck do we find the video of that presentation? 😮May 23, 2018 at 15:53 #272875May 23, 2018 at 15:49 in reply to: Age of Wonders: Planetfall – Sign up today to get the latest updates! #272874
Nice idea, but appearantly my e-mail address is banned or something as I get no e-mail with conformation codes or nothing when I apply.
I often have confirmation mail problems when using my ISP provided address but gmail should work fine.
Was there any mention of strategic movement? It’s always been a big balance hurdle, especially with fliers. Are they maybe looking into normalizing strategic movement and separating it from tactical mobility?May 20, 2018 at 05:35 #272426May 20, 2018 at 01:37 #272416
Seems like a refined version of what was originally intended for AoW3 (the connection between terrain and resource types).May 19, 2018 at 20:48 in reply to: Triumph’s New Game to be announced May 18th @ PDXCon! #272385
I find it really interesting how paradox is often viewed in such a negative light here, while they’re basically hailed as the best company there is on the civilization forums…
Nobody loves or hates PDX more than their fans.
Again, maybe I’m too oldfashioned but I would really preffered the AoW:P Amazones to be spaceorcs instead.
For all we know they are. MMA fighters with dinosaurs doesn’t really fit the elf trope, sounds more barbarian/tribal. It was just an example how old AoW races don’t directly translate to Planetfall factions and the elf-amazon correlation seems pretty superficial.May 19, 2018 at 17:44 in reply to: Triumph’s New Game to be announced May 18th @ PDXCon! #272338
Where can I watch the interview?
There’s a Steam page already: https://store.steampowered.com/app/718850/Age_of_Wonders_Planetfall/
Due 2019. >_<
Heroes driving vehicles/mechs sounded really cool. Like supercharged mounts.May 19, 2018 at 15:08 in reply to: Triumph’s New Game to be announced May 18th @ PDXCon! #272280
Gameplay is listed as singleplayer only on the PDX page (bottom right): https://www.paradoxplaza.com/age-of-wonders-planetfall/PFPF01GSK0000001-MASTER.html
And I just know that’s not true. 🙂
Thanks Hunter. Someone please post a link to that Q/A session when possible.May 19, 2018 at 14:14 in reply to: Triumph’s New Game to be announced May 18th @ PDXCon! #272233
Pretty much what I was hoping for, individual unit upgrades included. Thank Meandor it’s 3 years into dev, I don’t think I could handle waiting so long.February 8, 2018 at 22:01 in reply to: Triumph’s New Game to be announced May 18th @ PDXCon! #269599
If memory serves me, you called it first JLP : )>
I promise to only ever use my powers for good.February 8, 2018 at 15:58 in reply to: Triumph’s New Game to be announced May 18th @ PDXCon! #269588
Was hoping this would happen. Can’t wait. 🙂January 31, 2018 at 20:37 #266854October 14, 2017 at 06:03 #257938August 11, 2017 at 16:03 #256415July 20, 2017 at 07:37 #254866July 11, 2017 at 23:37 in reply to: Triumph Studios joins forces with Paradox Interactive! #254759