The dust is settling after launch; so it’s time for an update! The team is very happy and humbled with the overall reception so far: reviews, sales, but most importantly we’re happy with overall fan reaction. But of course we can always do better. We’ve spent 39 months developing Age of Wonders III, and we’re planning on supporting the game for a long period of time. We’ll release patches, free new features and dlc/expansion packs and we’re looking forward to implementing lots of feedback from the community. For the first update/patch, which will go live in the coming days we are looking at the following items:
- WQHD / QHD (up to 2560 x 1440 / 2560 *1600) native resolution display support (the Black & White boxes and blurry text should disappear)
- Frame Drops, particularly when having an army selected removed.
- AI Difficulty lowered for “Squire” – people dying in the first Elven Court mission is not good.
- AI Global Spell Disjunction Spamming is limited
- AI Leaving their walls less quickly in combat
- Disabling of controller / joystick input to avoid camera drift
- Saving profile – e.g. graphics settings – fixed for the ‘Guest’ account.
- Previous/Next Button for Cities (added to the city header)
- Quick Save Option.
This update should drop in the next couple of days. Steam versions will update automatically, and a patch will be downloadable from GoG. This is just a start! We have many other updates and fixes in the works, including an option to disable observing multiplayer tactical combat between other players.
We are also looking for additional fixes for people having troubles with the online account system, folks getting the game to run through their routers, and compatibility with certain integrated Graphics Laptops / Tablets. Please check the Support Forums and Knowledge base for updates and don’t hesitate to contact us when you have trouble getting the game running smoothly on your equipment.
Thanks for your support!
The Team @ Triumph
For additional reading, some recent English language reviews / accolades:
Latest posts by Lennart Sas (see all)
- Age of Wonders: Planetfall – Sign up today to get the latest updates! - May 23, 2018
- Triumph’s New Game to be announced May 18th @ PDXCon! - February 8, 2018
- TRIUMPH STUDIOS JOINS FORCES WITH PARADOX INTERACTIVE - June 30, 2017